10 Things I Will Never Grow Out Of - #3

August 06, 2013
Today I'm so excited to be sharing the third thing that I will never grow out of - pop over here and here if you missed the first two.
Number three is rather special to me and I know that no matter how old I get, I will NEVER grow out of it.

Without further ado, I present to you the third thing that I will never grow out of...

Telling my Dad that I love him more. My Dad and I have a very special relationship. My mom and him had me when they were young and he has been my rock for all of my 20 years. I do not have much of a relationship with my mom for very personal reasons and there have been many times in my life where my dad has played the role of both mother and father. I am extremely close to both him and my lovely step-mom, Clauds. I have always been able to tell him anything and I believe we have the perfect balance between him being both a parent and a friend to me. As I grow older, we develop more and more of a friendship and I think that that is only natural as one grows up.
For as long as I can remember, whenever I have told my dad that I love him, he responds with "I love you more." This leads to a playful argument between the two of us consisting of "I love you more"... "No, I love YOU more"... "That's impossible, I'm older than you so I've had longer to practise loving, therefore, I love YOU more." Anyway, you get the idea. These words will forever be special to me and I will never grow out of saying them.

This Father's Day I paid tribute to my Dad by getting the words "Je T'aime Plus" tattooed onto my wrist. "Je T'aime Plus" is French for "I Love You More." Tattoos are not for everyone, but I could not be happier with mine - every time I use my hands I am reminded of my Dad's continued support of me and his unconditional love for me. You can read more about the history behind my tattoo as well as the experience of getting it here.

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog_#AMAZING!!! Will be following along now! See you are at Rhodes...I also went to Rhodes back in the day :) Much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan :)
      Thank you so much for getting in touch - it's always so lovely when someone drops me a sweet comment, especially an old Rhodent! :D
      xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.