A Sunset and a Bottle of Wine

August 05, 2013
If there is one thing that I really do love about being at Varsity it has to be the fact that I get to spend every weekend with my friends. I just wish the weekends wouldn't fly by so quickly!

This weekend a few of my girlfriends and I bought some wine and some snacks and we headed up to a little place called the Monument for Friday night sundowners. The Grahamstown 1820's Settlers Monument is right on the top of the biggest hill in this tiny little student town and overlooks the whole of Grahamstown. The Monument honors the English settlers that arrived in and founded Grahamstown all those years ago. The original cannons are still there and students regularly trek up the massive hill to watch the sunset and admire the beauty of Grahamstown's twinkling lights.

Fortunately we're lucky enough to have a friend with a car and so she kindly spared us the awfully steep walk up to the Monument. We had a lovely time watching the sun set, chatting, sipping on drinks and dipping chips.






















I hope your Friday night was as beautiful as mine was! Have a lovely week friends xx

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.