The Chubby Girl Tries Again

July 28, 2014
I'm no stranger to being uncomfortable with my body. I have always been chubby and my dislike for all sport never did any good for my fitness levels. At the beginning of this year I decided that enough was enough and that it was time for me to make a change. I have blogged about my weight loss journey quite a number of times - you can find those posts here, here, here and lastly, here. I was doing so well, and then all of a sudden the academic year began and I fell right back into my old habits and within a month or two I packed on all the weight I'd worked so hard to lose. Then about a month ago I once again decided that enough was enough. I crave to be fit and healthy, I crave to be a little more toned and a lot more confident. So I began again. Yes, I may have failed once again, but the main thing is is that I'm determined and I've learned from where I went wrong.

So, about a month ago, while at home I began running. I ran almost every single day - not for long and not even that hard, but I did it. I walked most of the way but with every step I took, I felt stronger and more encouraged. After a about a week, I noticed that I was able to go faster and harder for longer. Did I really just run the entire length of that road? I wasn't able to walk it without stopping a week ago!


I also started incorporating more green tea into my diet and have been trying my best to cut out carbs. It's the little things that I have been making a conscious effort to do that have me seeing results and I couldn't be happier about this! For example, whenever I take a shower I make sure to bring my little 1kg dumbbells with me. I make sure to do 50 bicep curls while my shampoo sits in my hair and 100 while my conditioner does it's thing. By doing this I'm sneaking in little workouts throughout my day and it has just become a habit to bring the dumbbells with me when I go shower - my biceps have never looked stronger! I've also promised myself that I will spend an hour at the gym, 4 times a week - hopefully I can keep this up!

In addition to my time at the gym and my small, every day changes, I have decided to partake in the Blogilates Beginner's 4 Week Program run by the lovely (and sometimes annoyingly happy) Cassey Ho. Cassey is a blogger meets Pilates instructor who runs her own YouTube channel where she posts the most amazing workouts, recipes and fitness tips. This program is 4 weeks long with 1 rest day per week. Each day certain workouts are assigned to you and are accompanied by instructional YouTube videos. I began the program yesterday and while it was so much fun, I can already tell that this sweet lady is going to be kicking my flabby bum. I encourage each one of you who are looking for a fun and effective workout program to join me in this journey - I can't wait to start seeing results. Each Monday I will be posting a look back at how that week went.


You can find Cassey's website here, download the 4 week program here and click here for her YouTube channel. Let me know if any of you are taking part so that I can encourage you along! Wish me luck - today's challenge beings with a 1 minute plank, I'm not even sure if I can manage more than 30 seconds!

x

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Cals - you yourself have been such an inspiration over the last month or two :) x

      Delete
  2. 100% behind you Shan - good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.