PS - I'm Still Fat

January 10, 2014
Source
So this is where I am at. Much like the rest of the world, my New Year's resolution is to get fit, healthy and skinny. Yup, I said it. Skinny. Too many people I know are unhappy with their weight and use the line "I just want to be healthier" instead of admitting that in actual fact they just want a damn thigh gap. I know this. I know this because this was me not too long ago.

I am unhappy with my body. I feel fat. I feel disgusting and when I stand in front of a full length mirror, I don't like what I see. I want to be able to strut around the beach during Summer feeling comfortable in my cozzie. I want to be able to go on my usual run without having to stop every minute to make sure I'm not coughing up a flippen lung. I just want to have the confidence that my 20 year old self deserves. No longer will I pretend that I'm happy with my body, because I am not. And more importantly, no longer will I simply complain about being fat and not do anything about it.

I'm eating properly. I'm exercising daily. I'm drinking water, and a lot of it. But I'm also struggling. I just want to stuff my face with Simba chips and I want those two sugars to make their way back into my tea and I just want to spend my entire life eating, eating, eating. I want to go for a run without feeling pathetic because having to stop so often blatantly shows me how disgustingly unfit I am. I also don't feel like I'm making much progress, which is disheartening.

So this is what's going to happen - I'm starting PROPERLY and SERIOUSLY from today. I ate well today, I did an hour of pilates and some spinning and I recorded my weight. I have taken a "before" photo, although I'm simply not brave enough to share that with you all right now. My prayer is that one day I'll have a beautiful "after" photo of a young, confident and healthy girl who never gave up to share with you all.

Next Friday, I'm going to post a happier post with less hatred towards my body (which is beautiful, no matter it's size) as well as a recording of how much I've lost throughout the next seven days. I'm going to do this guys, you'll see...

2 comments:

  1. Ah hunny this was so brave of you to post! I would love to help you on your journey - please email me if you are interested xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on the right track, girl, and you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.