Overalls, Holi One Paint and Scales

February 24, 2014
The first weekend back at Rhodes definitely did not disappoint. This weekend once again validated the love I have for my university, my friends and my life. As I sit on my bed on this miserable, rainy Monday with the knowledge that I only finish lectures at 6pm tonight as well as a basket full of laundry waiting to be done, I'm craving an opportunity to re-live this weekend. 

But before I recap the happenings of this weekend, here is what's happening on the weight loss side of life - we have one happy girl over here! Since last Monday I have managed to lose 1.5kg's. I'm so pleased with this as sign ups for the gym are only taking place tonight and not last week Monday like I had originally thought and so I wasn't able to get much exercise in at all. However, losing this 1.5kg brings me to my lowest weight since having started this weight loss journey. Not only does this mean that I'm 800g away from getting back into the 60's, but it also means that I managed to lose all the weight that I put back on during my last week or two of my holiday, so we're back on track! I'm excited to see some more progress throughout this week!

Weight Loss This Week: 1.5kgs
Total Weight Loss: 4.1kgs

Right, now back to the other exciting stuff :)
On Friday night we celebrated one of our good friend; Brendon's 21st at one of his friend's digs. Laughs were had, new people were met, cheap wine was consumes and fun was most definitely had!

On Saturday Rhodes' annual Great Field Party took place and it was simply the best time! We all climbed into our overalls in true Rhodes spirit and headed down to the field at about 3:30pm. The entire atmosphere of the afternoon (and then obviously the night) was incredible. There was a sense of unity among all the students as well as utter happiness. 





Emma and I entered a draw to win R50 000 and we came so close to winning! Out of 300 people we made it to the top 10 before we had to pick a little purple flag with a number on it that determined whether we were going to be R50 000 richer or not, but unfortunately someone else walked away with the cash :( 


The rest of the afternoon and early evening was spent relaxing on the lawns, munching on Chip 'n Dip and then dancing hearts out while being covered in Holi One paint. In the middle of one of my fits of giggles, our SRC President came up behind me, scooped me up and then proceeded to carry me and plop me into one of the many kiddies pools that made up the "Red Bull Pool Party Corner". 




When the sun set, over 4500 students flocked to dance in front of Gareth Cliff, The Kiffness, Rob Forbes and many other DJs. It was a great, great time. It really was. But you know what was even better? The shower that took place after I got home - no one tells you just how difficult it is to get that paint off of your body!




 I'm still trying to get purple and yellow off of my scalp. Wish me luck!
xx

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.