Sunday Social

September 22, 2013
So I found this Sunday Social post that I had written about a month and a half ago that I must have just forgotten to post, uh oh... So on this beautiful Sunday morning I present to you a little old post that we never got to meet...
Source
1. What do you miss most about being a kid?
I miss the innocence, the oblivion and ignorance towards the world, it's problems and it's hurt. I miss not having to stress about stress-worthy things. I miss being able to run around in the sunshine and giggle my little heart out. I miss going to bed at 7pm and snack boxes. Clauds always sent us to school with the most amazing snack boxes. I miss the boyfriends that you wouldn't communicate with other than sending a note to him through a mutual friend. I miss sleeping over at a friend's house and chatting in excited little whispers way past our bed time. I also really miss Cartoon Network - not that being 20-ish years old ever stops me from watching it!
2. Did you have a nickname growing up? What was it?
I've had so many over the years. Here's just a few; Goalposts and Dracula were my Dad's loving creation - read more about how I got those names over here, Shan Shan, Shanny, Gabe, Sharon, Shanya and Butts (short for Butterfly Kisses, not the rear end). 
3. What was your favorite thing to do at recess?
During pre-school I would always be crafting and painting or in the Fantasy Room playing pretend. Junior School tea times were spent lounging on the grass with my friends chatting away or playing Stingers with the boys. High School lunches were either spent in some sort of meeting or sitting in the common rooms laughing with the girls.
4. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Hmm... Read more of that in this post where I explain in detail how I got to be studying what I am now.
5. Did you participate in any school activities?
I did indeed. I tried to bunk as many sporting activities as possible though! In Junior School I was in guitar group and the choir. Throughout High School I took part in countless plays, I was on the Student Christian Association for a couple of years and then led it with two of my best friends, Sarah and Kozi throughout my Matric year. I was also on the Interact Committee which included organizing visits to the Salvation Army, SPCA and various old age homes.
6. What is the funniest thing you did as a kid that your parents still remind you about?
Wow, there are a few things but one that really sticks out makes me cringe with the thought of the embarrassment I put my darling parents through! I don't remember this at all, but my Dad refuses to let me forget... There is a sweet lady in our community who has a rather prominent nose. I must have been about 2 when she came over to our house one day. My Dad was holding me and this lovely lady leaned closer to me to say hello and pinch my cheeks and all that jazz and I just huddled into my Dad and pronounced in fear; "NOSE!"

1 comment:

  1. Why do Dads always give you the most loving (embarrassing) nicknames?! I got Franklinstine and Fluffy from mine!
    Love the blog :) thank you for your sweet comment x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.