Sunday Social

 It's time for another Sunday Social link up - Ashley over at A Complete Waste of Makeup asks the questions, we answer them and then link up and see what other bloggers have to say. This week's questions and answers are as follows:

1. When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up? 
Growing up I never gave too much thought as to what I wanted to become, career wise because I think that deep down I have always known that I was going to become a Psychologist. As I got into High School, I realized I needed to make the decision - what was I really going to become? I would set my heart on an idea and get excited about it for a few months and then I would simply loose interest. I went from wanting to be an air hostess (this was when I was about 9), to a Psychologist, to a pilot, and back to a Psychologist. Then I thought I might love to teach (I still do think that this is an option for me). 
Throughout my entire 11th Grade year we were taught about how to apply to Universities, different careers, how to compile a CV and what our options were for once we left school. I knew I wanted to travel but I decided not to take a gap year straight after school - I wanted a degree first. 
I felt pressured to decide then and there what I would do for the rest of my life. 
I decided I wanted to go to Hotel School and study hospitality. The hospitality industry would have required a lot of hard work, but I felt that it ticked all my boxes. All except one make or break box - being able to have a family and be devoted to it. The thing is, while I was never 100% certain on what I wanted to do with my career, I have always, always known that I want to become a wife and a mom. Yes, I want a career and yes, I want to provide for myself, but at the same time I want to be able to make a house a home, to prepare dinner for a husband and to read bed time stories to little ones. Being in the hospitality industry would have meant that I would be traveling more than I would be home, and when I was home I would be working ridiculous hours. So this family-orientated girl decided to go back to her first love - Psychology.
I am now happily studying Psyc and I cannot wait to start working. And one day, when sweet Jesus decides it's time for my dreams to come true, He'll introduce me to the gentleman I'm meant to end up with and we'll live happily ever after with our little tots.
Source
2. What was your favorite way to kill time as a kid?
I absolutely loved play dates with friends, baking with my Gogo, running around on the farm and watching cartoons. I would also sit by myself for hours on end playing with my dolls and in our Wendy House. 

3. When did you get your first cell phone?
I got my first cell phone just before I was 10. Some might think that was a little too young, especially considering the fact that that was 10 years ago, but my parents had recently divorced and it just made sense that I had my own cell phone. When I was with one parent, the other was only a phone call away. I also went to school 30km's away from home and we worked in a lift club and so the cell phone came in handy when I was left at school late etc.
4. What is your favorite magazine to read?
I enjoy anything really - People, You, Marie Claire, Cosmo, Grazia, Elle and Glamour. Some might find this odd, but I also really enjoy reading Clauds' Good Housekeeping, Living and Loving, Your Baby and Your Pregnancy. I think I find these magazines so interesting because I was involved in Clauds' journey to having Liam, with her pre-eclampsia and him being so pre-mature and I love being involved in his little life. I enjoy being a big sister at 19 as I can be involved in and part of everything. It's too wonderful for words.

5. What is the one random object people would be surprised to find in your purse?
I carry around a small little umbrella all the time (you can never trust the Grahamstown weather!) as well as the little sachets of seasoning salt you get from KFC/Steers etc. Every time I go to one of these fast food joints I ask for extra seasoning salt. You never know when you might need them, I keep these little guys in my coin compartment of my wallet! Strangely enough, I use them all the time, they make Res food taste so much better!

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.