Life Lately

September 23, 2013
Today's Blogtember prompt is "Life Lately" - What you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc.

Before you carry on reading this, if you're looking for a happy, 'my life is so great' kind of post, this isn't it. And I don't blame you if you stop reading this now, I really don't. But if you'd stick with me, I'd appreciate it. After all, I am only human.
Source
Life around these parts hasn't been particularly interesting if I'm completely honest. I've been back at varsity for 3 weeks today and I cannot even begin to tell you how slowly it is going! Wow. The thought of having to endure another 2 months of lectures and exams is plain old depressing. I'm a person that needs time alone and to myself - something that I don't get much of here. My days are busy and I'm constantly interacting with people, which I do love doing, as long as at the end of the day I can sit by myself and just be alone. Having a roommate means I'm constantly surrounded by someone which isn't ideal for me. I can't wait to get home but until then, I'll continue to pray for strength in order to get me through the next two months.

This last weekend was very relaxed but at the same time I managed to get a lot of work done as well as some organizing. I needed this weekend to just be after a tough couple of weeks emotionally and academically.

Tomorrow is Em's birthday as well as a public holiday so I'm looking forward to that! We're going out tonight to celebrate and then tomorrow we're going for a picnic in the Botanical gardens with a whole bunch of friends. Before all that happens I have a 2 hour Drama rehearsal for my exam in a couple of weeks. 

Speaking of Drama - I cannot wait to get this course over and done with. I thought it really was for me, I thought I'd fit in and I thought I'd love it. I was so very wrong. Acting will forever be my passion, but I cannot handle another year of what I'm dealing with. Only two more months Shan, two more months...

I've been in this weird, weird place where I'm just not feeling myself. I'm willing my future to come, I'm craving it. I'm battling to be in the moment and enjoy the present. Nothing extremely exciting is happening lately and I know I should just appreciate the uneventfullness of it all because in the next couple of months things are going to get super busy and I'm going to miss this time. I apologize to every one of you for the morbid and depressed posts lately but the reality is that this is how I am feeling lately and this is my space where I can let it all out and ultimately feel better by doing so.

So that is my life lately... Again, I'm so sorry for sounding so depressed. I promise, happy posts are on their way soon. I just have to keep reminding myself that "an arrow can only be shot forward by pulling it backward."
 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.