Throwback Thursday

May 16, 2013
It's Thursday and that makes me smile for 2 reasons! Firstly, because that means tomorrow is FRIDAY!! And secondly, well because it's time for Throwback Thursday of course!
Meet little toothless me, a whole 6 years old. Odd looking, wasn't I?

I love this photo for a number of reasons. If I remember correctly, this photo was taken in 2000. My beloved Gogo (the Zulu word for grandmother) sewed me the nightie I'm wearing and I vividly remember asking her to rather make me a set of winter pajamas out of the material. She insisted that a nightie would be better as the material would make me too hot if it was a set of winter pajamas. Random right? I know! But this is Throwback Thursday and these are the memories that I associate with this photo. As you get to know me better, you'll know that I have an excellent long term memory - hence the random pajama story.

In my badly manicured hands I clutch a little story book that was given to me at Sunday school - strangely enough, I still have that little book.

And now to explain the teeth (or obvious lack thereof). When I was about 4 years old, my four front teeth were surgically removed. My "big girl teeth" only really made their much anticipated appearance when I was 8. My loving family took great pleasure in singing "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth". I eventually learned to fake laugh (with the odd involuntary whistle every now and again) along with them. I was dubbed "Goal Posts" and "Dracula" by my dad. I look back on this now and have a good giggle and it makes me smile knowing that I humored everyone else for a couple of years. I'll pretend that they were laughing with me, and not at me!

Are you planning to throw it back this Thursday and share some memories? If you are, I'd love to hear about them - drop them in the comment box below and have yourselves a beautiful Thursday!

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.