The Last First Term - A Recap

March 23, 2015



I'll try my best not to make this one of those "I can't believe how quickly time is flying by blah blah boring blah" posts. But really, you guys? Is my First Term already really over? In some aspects it feels as if the last 7 weeks or so have dragged by at snail's pace and in other aspects I'm battling to understand how we got here - almost knocking on April's door.

This week is a busy one for me. I have a Psychological Assessment test and a number of assignments due and you know what? Third Year work is gross. It's difficult and it smells a lot like I'd rather be watching Parenthood or The Bachelor. All my due dates are this Friday, but because my lectures end on Wednesday, I'm high tailing it out of here at 3am on Thursday morning. This means that I'm having to hand everything in a couple of days early before heading home so I've been cramming these last few days.

As always, I can't wait to get back to my family. It's been three years of saying goodbye and then being reunited after 3 months and yet the novelty and excitement of heading back home hasn't worn off. I'm fully aware that I'm that annoying girl who goes on about how obsessed they are with their family and you know what? I don't even care. Driving all the way home only to be greeted with wet, sloppy kisses from my baby brother will never, ever get old. Liam calls me "Nannie" and the other night I was whatsapping the Gramps and he said that Liam's been walking around saying "Nannie home!" I get all giggly just thinking about being reunited with him.

This is my last year at Rhodes. To be honest, I didn't even really want to return at the beginning of this year - for a long time I felt stuck in a rut and I blamed Rhodes for putting me in that very rut. But I'm so glad I did come back - I'm happy in my little home and I know that all of this hard work will pay off. I need to constantly remind myself of how great this life really is and so I thought I'd do a little recap of Term 1 of Third Year.

This term I...

Learned how to buy electricity.
Washed more dishes than I ever thought I would.
Walked away was carried away from The Great Field Party with the most magnificent shin bruises you've ever seen. Thank you, Vin Coco.
Celebrated a whole bunch of 21sts.
Went on a girl's weekend to Kleinemonde.
Beach hiked, picnicked and tanned with the girls.
Put in a load of washing while prepping a potato salad for a bring and braai. Felt very grown up while doing it all, I have to say.
Got back into the swing of things blog-wise. Gosh it feels good to be writing again.
Witnessed my varsity turn upside down over the whole #Rhodessowhite debacle.
Supported a friend through an ugly break up.
Ate my fair share of chicken salad. 
Worked incredibly hard on a Psychology Practical Report.
Got myself a KFC Chicky Meal, rented a DVD and spent the entire Sunday curled up on the couch with the girls.
Gave out hugs to random strangers because FREE HUG FRIDAY!
Arrived at the Digs of a boy I'd never met before (we had a mutual friend) with a car full of friends and ended up having the dandiest of pre-drinks. Yay for adventures around Grahamstown.
Made a bucket list of things the girls and I want to do before our last year here is up.
Made s'mores.

And now for a delightful photo dump of everything we've been up to...













It was a good term. I feel as though the start to this year was really what I needed. I only hope that the rest of this year carries on as beautifully as it has been. As I mentioned above, this week is a really busy one for me. On Thursday I'm heading back home and plan to spend a few days just soaking up all the family time. I'm not sure when next I'll check back in here - as much as I love you all I have other priorities right now ;) Enjoy the rest of your week sweet, sweet people.


1 comment:

  1. How gorgeous is this new blog design? I LOVE it Shan!!
    What a great but gruelling and life changing term it has been! Good luck getting all your work done and enjoy being home for the holidays x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.