A Little Q&A

August 28, 2013
If there is one thing that I love about the blogging world, it is the fact that you get to meet (well, sort of meet) so many amazing women and bloggers. One of the most inspiring ladies that I have had the privilege of stumbling onto her blog is Gaelyn from Heart of Iron. You should all do yourselves a favor and pop over to her blog and read her truly inspiring story!

Recently Gaelyn did this post where she answered some fun questions in order for her readers to get to know her a little better. I really loved reading through her answers and so I thought I would do a post where I answer the same questions. So here it goes...

How many siblings do you have?
Haha. Here we go. I have (as she whips out her fingers and starts counting) 5 siblings. I have two sisters - Bridgitt (16) and Taitum (7) and  three brothers - Nic (14), Trent (4) and Liam (8 months). My parents divorced and both remarried and so that explains the whole village of them ;) I love every single one of them with every bit of me. I couldn't imagine my life without them. We fight hard, but we love even harder. 
 Nic and Bridge are from my parents' marriage, Tait and Trent are from my mom's marriage to my step dad, and Liam is a true little miracle. My dad and Clauds had always wanted a child of their own together and so they tried for about 5 years. They both had all sorts of complications and it was a really difficult time in our lives. After years of treatment Clauds finally fell pregnant. Liam was then born 2 months prematurely due to Clauds developing Pr-Eclampsia. Liam was born at 1.1kgs and spent 2 months in the NICU. It was a really tough time for our family but everyone is healthy and perfect and I adore my tiny brother in a way that words will never be able to express.
Not the best quality photo, but so very special. This was taken on Nic's first day of High School with Bridge holding our tiny Liam and me still in my Betty Boop PJ's.
Do you have any pets?
I most certainly do! (Please prepare yourselves for a million cat pictures. Yes, I am that kind of a person). Living on a farm means constantly being surrounded by animals. We have an gazillion and twelve dairy cows (I know these don't count as pets, but they're just too beautiful to be left out), an obese pot belly piggy named Cass, three horses (I'm terrified of horses), three dogs; a Great Dane named Charlie, a Labrador and German Shepard cross named Molly and a little Jack Russell cross named Bella. Last but most certainly not least, we have the two loves of my life - our kitty cats. Donald and Gingie. Yes, I insisted we called Don Donald. No, my family was not on board with this decision. Yes, Ginige is a Ginger cat. Original, I know.
Meet Cass. She's too fat to walk. She's wonderful though.
Cass and I in about 2011. She was approximately 300 kgs lighter here!
Sweet Don-Don.
Gingie watching the Kardashians with me.
Giving me tiny kitty cuddles.
Name three things that are physically close to you right now.
1) My Blackberry.
2) A little desk fan. It's about 35 degrees here today!
3) My camera. I was loading photos onto my laptop.
What is the weather like right now?
Like I said above, it's hot! Today is probably one of the hottest days that Grahamstown has seen in about 5 months. 
Do you drive? 
Haha. I'm in the process of getting my Drivers. It scares me silly though.
What time did you wake up this morning?
I woke up at about 4:45am because of a terrible dream and I couldn't manage to get back to sleep. I'm one tired chicken this morning!
When was the last time you showered?
This morning at about 7am.
What was the last movie you saw?
Hmm... I don't really remember to be honest. When I'm in Grahamstown I don't watch much of anything other than a few series on my laptop. If I think really hard about it I think the last movie I watched was when I was back home in the beginning of July... Oh no, wait! Emma and I tried to get through House Bunny about 5 weeks ago.
What does your last text message say?
My last sms is from my Dad and it says "Ja just check. The internet is bad here today."
My last bbm was probably from Emma asking what time we should meet for lunch.
What is your ringtone?
Avicii's "Wake Me Up"
Have you ever been to a different country?
I have been into Lesotho a handful of times but nothing too exciting. I desperately want to travel though!! 
Do you like sushi?
To be honest, I have never tried it but I highly doubt I will enjoy it. I can't stand anything fishy, let alone raw fish! 
Where do you buy your groceries?
One of the perks about being a student living in Res is the fact that all your meals are cooked for you. When I do need to get a few odds and ends I walk the 900m journey to Pick n Pay. When I'm home Clauds gets all our groceries from Woolworths.
Have you ever taken medication to help you fall asleep faster?
Other than Rescue, no. 
Do you have a desktop computer/laptop/iPad/Tablet?
I have a laptop and a tablet.
Do you wear contacts or glasses?
 I wear glasses. My eyes suck.
Do you colour your hair?
 I do. I'm naturally a very dark brunette but I'm currently rocking the fiery red and loving every second of it!
 Tell me something you are planning on doing today?
 I plan to finish packing my bags for mu flight home on Friday - yay yay yay yay!!!
 When was the last time you cried?
 On Monday when my Drama tutor told our group that our performance was pathetic. Theatre is tough yo!
 What is your perfect pizza topping?
Copious amounts of salami, banana, bacon, garlic and rocket. Odd combination, isn't it?
 What do you prefer - hamburgers or cheese burgers?
 I'm not too torn between the two, but I am a cheese lover...
 Have you ever had an all-nighter?
You're asking a college student? Of course I have. I'm not a heavy drinker though. I've mastered the whole "excited and tipsy on life" thing pretty darn well.
What is your eye colour?
 Dark brown.
Can you taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke?
 Yes I can. I don't drink much of either. I prefer non-fizzy drinks. But if I am drinking fizzy drinks it'll be a Fanta or a Sparberry or a Sprite. My all time favourite used to be Creme Soda but then New Years Eve of 2012 happened and I cannot un-accosiate Cane and Creme Soda and the awful headache I dealt with.
What do you order at Starbucks?
 South Africa doesn't have a Starbucks so I've never been :( :( :( :(
What is the one thing in your closest that you cannot live without?
 My Uggs. Enough said.
Name one thing that you want to do before you die.
 How's about you take a look at my Bucket List over here.
What is one food that you cannot live without?
 Honestly, just food in general. I've never been able to answer this question due to the passionate love affair I have going on with all food. 
Name two hobbies.
 Blogging and Coffee Shop hopping with the girls. 
Name two pet peeves. 
A general lack of personal hygiene and organization among people. Also, rudeness. Especially towards wait staff. Cannot. Even. Deal.
What is your guilty pleasure?
 Curling up in bed with a cup of something delicious and watching some series.

Answering these questions was a ton of fun. Grab the questions and post your answers for your readers to see if you want to!
xx

1 comment:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.