Dear Month of June


Source
Dear June

I am so excited that you are finally here. While this year seems to be flying by, there are days where I feel like it should be December already! I can't wait to see what you have in store for me.

Last month I learned... that you teach people how to treat you. I have struggled a bit with getting close to people here at Varsity as well as and finding friends of substance. There are some really great people here but I feel incredibly lonely at times, read more about all that sad stuff over here.
I also learned that my family really knows how to pull off a good surprise and make this girl feel incredibly special - you should definitely read more about all that happy stuff right here.

Last month I felt... frustrated and lonely. Frustrated at the fact that I am battling to find people whom I connect with and who share the same morals, values and sense of humor as me. It goes without saying that I felt lonely as a result of this. I also felt incredibly blessed - blessed to have the family that I do, who so lovingly drove over 800km to spend a few days with me.

This June I'm looking forward to... so, so much! Eeeep! I'm looking forward to finishing exams on the 18th, flying home on the 19th (for a whole month! Yay yay!), seeing and catching up with some very special friends whom I haven't seen since January (January 14th, to be exact). I am looking forward to being home, to bonding with my incredibly gorgeous little brother (who turned 6 moths old today - how precious?) I'm looking forward to chats with my beautiful step-mom while making dinner in the kitchen, I'm looking forward to hearing my Dad play guitar and I'm definitely looking forward to not having lectures for a month!

This June I hope to... pass my exams well and make myself proud. I also hope to spend as much quality time as possible with some of my friends and family back home. I hope to continue growing and developing this little blog of mine - it really makes me so happy and gives me something to look forward to! I hope to smile a great deal more than I frown. I hope to laugh those real and I-can't-stop-no-matter-how-hard-I-try laughs, you know the ones? Those real from the belly kinda laughs that convince you that in that precise moment, you're happy, really happy. This June I also hope to spend more time praying and just getting in touch with Jesus again.

This June I'll challenge myself... to post a "today I'm grateful for..." post every day. Far too often we focus on the negative aspects of our lives and the things that aren't going our way. I don't know about you all, but I'm wanting to have an amazing June, and I think by acknowledging what I'm grateful for will really help me have the great June that I'm so hoping for.

June... Please be everything I hope you to be.

All my love,
Shannon

I hope for each and every one of you that June is amazing. I hope it's full of love and happy times. I hope you're given a reason to smile every single day. I hope you wake up with a sense of reason and purpose and lay your pretty head down to sleep at night feeling even more blessed than you did that morning. Here's to an amazing June!

2 comments:

  1. We shall be having those laughs together...very soon I might add:) Eeeeep:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shall be having those laughs together soon...very soon infact!! Eeeeep:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.