What God Is Teaching Me (A Link Up)

The lovely and inspiring Cassie from Sage has created this link up - "What God Is Teaching Me".

I am so excited to share my answers to the following question with you today; "What has God taught you in the following situations in your life: failure, pain, waiting, not having enough money, facing disappointment, and facing criticism?"

Failure... God has taught me that failure is inevitable. Failure will upset you. Failure is not nice at all, but failure is OK!
Throughout so many aspects of my life, God has shown me that my failure is just a way of learning. Failure means that I tried something, and although it didn't work out the way I would have liked, I still tried and I still gave it my all and that is what truly matters.
I have failed God time and time again. I fail Him every single day through my actions (or lack thereof), through my thoughts and through my words. God has taught me that although I may fail Him daily, He has never and will never give up on me. 
Whenever I am feeling overwhelmed by my failure I turn to 2 Corinthians 12 vs 9. This verse pretty much speaks for itself. I am constantly reminded by it that God's grace is so much bigger than my failure.
2 Corinthians 12:9
Pain... I have experienced more than my fair share of pain in my 19 years.
God has taught me so much through my pain and I could go on about this forever, but instead I will say just this; pain goes away. God heals pain and through pain, He is constant.
The pain you may be experiencing right now will one day make you appreciate your future happiness that much more. As difficult as this can be, be thankful for your pain. I can say from experience, pain molds you into a better and stronger person and if anything, pain is temporary.
Rev 21:4
Waiting... The Lord has taught me that while waiting may be tough, it is necessary, it is good and it is worth it.
God has a perfect plan for everything and we need to know and trust that His timing is perfect. There have been so many times where I have felt that my timing is better than His, and in hindsight I am so grateful that God is in control. I am grateful for those times of waiting, because through them I have learned that His timing truly is perfect.
There have been so many times in my life where I had felt that it was the right time to be baptized. I felt that I knew what it meant to me personally as well as with my relationship with God and I honestly felt that I was ready. I was eventually baptized on the 15th of September, 2012 and I am so grateful I didn't do it sooner. God's timing was perfect - I was baptized by my school Chaplain, a woman whom I am very close to and who understands me completely. I had my two very best friends, Sarah and Kosi, as my sponsors and I was emotionally and spiritually ready. If I had gotten baptized at any other time than the time I did, I would not have been in the right place with my relationship with God and I would not have had Rev Di, Sarah or Kosi with me. As hard as it may be to wait, just trust that God's timing is indeed perfect.
Jer 29:11
Not Having Enough Money... I have been blessed in the way that I have never had to worry about money. I am a student and my family continues to provide for me, however, God has taught me that having money does not define who you are.
Too many people I know are obsessed with the material aspects of life. God has taught me, through Hebrews 13 vs 5, that He will provide for me. Material possessions will one day fade, but the love of God will remain forever. Through Hebrews 13:5 I have learned to trust that God will provide for me and my future family one day.
I'm sure God will teach me more about this topic when I start providing for myself, in the meantime, thanks for everything you do for me, Family ;)
Heb 13:5
 Facing Disappointment... Keeping this one simple - God has taught me that disappointments are just His way of saying "Hold on, keep the faith, I have something much better in store for you!"

Facing Criticism... This has always been a tough one for me, especially if someone is criticizing my relationship with God or my lifestyle. God has taught me that criticism is necessary in keeping one in check. Although it may be difficult to hear, listen to it. Try to discern which parts of the criticism is worth taking into account and which parts aren't. We're all human, and we are bound to make mistakes and be criticized and sometimes we need to stop and check ourselves, but we must never forget that God's grace is enough for us!
"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you" - Ephesians 4 vs 32. 
 
Pop over to Cassie's beautiful blog and join in on her link up or see what others have said about what God is teaching them. We all have so much to learn from each other, and maybe this link up is God's sneaky little way of teaching us a thing or two about the above mentioned topics/situations.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED reading this Shannon, thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.