Today is a Good Day

July 21, 2015

Today is a good day because it's 8:21am and it's raining outside. The kind of rain that soaks everything it comes into contact with. It's a good day because I awoke to the sound of rain drops pelting against my bedroom window. You know you're a farmer's daughter when you laugh with utter glee at the realization that finally, finally it is raining.

Today is a good day because I woke up early. I am always so much more productive and joyful if I start my day early. Today is a good day because I got to spend an extra hour or so in bed, wrapped in a fluffy turquoise gown, sipping on a steaming cup of coffee and spending some time with the thoughts in my head.

Today is a good day, simply because yesterday was such a good day. Introductory lectures went well, group presentation allocations went even better and I got some new pens. There's just something about new pens that makes you believe the new term will be productive and successful, no? Yesterday ended off with a coffee date with the girls, before finally being wrapped up with a delicious and healthy meal cooked together by my digs mate and I.

Today is a good day because our fridge is full of delicious, nutritious food. Today is a good day because I can afford to stock my fridge with colorful veggies, fruits and proteins that will fuel my body and leave me full. So often I take this seemingly small fact for granted.

Today is a good day because I only have one lecture. A 10:30 - even better. Today is a good day because I know that I'll meet Tanna in the parking lot at 10:15 to catch a lift to said lecture. Grateful for the rain, even more grateful that I don't have to walk to Psych in it.

Today is a good day because I'm healthy. Man, I don't know how I got so lucky this Winter. No sniffles, no sneezes, no sickness. Bar a few days of a nasty cough, I've been feeling so, so great over these last few chilly weeks.

I so often get wrapped up in the bad in this world. I so often get too emotionally invested in my family and friends' heartache or trials. I so often wrap myself into a tight little bundle of it's not going to be alright. Taking just a few moments to remind myself that although life may not be perfect, today is a good day.

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! Always so important to take the time to realise how blessed we are each day!
    I hadn't even thought about the fact that I have almost escaped this Winter unscathed... x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.