Round 3 of 4

July 19, 2015
After travelling ten hours, attempting to unpack our bags and taking a much needed power nap, my digs mate turned to me last night and said... "Look at us. Watching Pitch Perfect 2 while eating a couple of pizzas. We have 300ml of milk and half a jar of mayonnaise in our fridge, and that's it. This is college."

Hello Term 3! As much as I hate to say goodbye to my wonderful three week holiday, it's definitely good to see you.
Can you tell how excited we are for school to start?
I've been quiet around here, but my life has been anything but. As always, it was so lovely to be back home and to spend some time with the family and friends. This holiday has given me so much to think about - lately life is doing all sorts of magic tricks, stirring me up inside and leaving me curious and constantly wondering. I don't know what it is, but I strongly feel that I'm either about to learn some pretty big lessons, or I'm in the thick of being shown a thing or two by this big, beautiful world. I've got a million thoughts that are begging to make their way from my heart to this sweet blog and I can't wait to share them with you.

Home was wonderful. These past few weeks have grounded me and allowed me to reconnect with what's important. Exam results were released about a week and a half ago, and I'm as pleased as a Southern Belle with a sweet peach pie. It's an incredible feeling to see all my hard work paying off. I wouldn't say I'm ready for a new term though. I'm not sure what to expect from Term 3. The upcoming Modules are not my favourite, but I'll get through it. I'm kind of just trying to convince myself to carry on taking one day at a time and eventually I'll get there. As always, I'm craving for this year to be over and done with. I want fresh, new adventures and I'm sort of annoyed at 2015 for taking her sweet time. Yet at the same time, I'm still trying to wrap my head around how it's almost August already!

And so, Term 3, as you begin today I ask that you be kind to me. I ask that you're easy on me academically. I ask that you bring me sweet adventures with these friends of mine - gosh our time left together is so limited. I ask that you pass swiftly, yet steadily.

Here's to the second to last first day back.

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.