15 Feelings That Are Too Good Not To Share

June 11, 2015
Fifteen of my most favourite feelings. 
I completely stole this idea (it was too lovely not to) from one of my favourite bloggers, Caley over at Ellie Love. You can read her sweet post on her 15 favourite feelings over here.


1. Getting home from yet another term in Grahamstown and having Liam's little arms wrap around my neck and squeeze as hard as they can. He nuzzles his little face into my collar bone and as he excitedly exclaims "Nanny home!" I think to myself what did you ever do to deserve being so loved by this precious little soul?

2. Hopping into a freshly made bed after a long day. Snuggling into the covers, knowing I can finally rest after a long day never gets old.

3. Having my Dad and Clauds tell me they're proud of me. Gosh, I've worked hard you guys. There have been so many times that life has knocked me down and I've considered staying there. But somehow I've always managed to get back up. There's just something about having your parents acknowledge your efforts.

4. Making people laugh.

5. That first sip of my first cup of coffee in the morning.

6. Waking up on holidays such as Easter and Christmas and having breakfast with the family. The rest of the day is wonderful too, but there's just something about sitting outside on our porch passing around platters of toasted hot cross buns or mince pies.

7. Being on summer holiday. The entire months of December and January are full of sun, swimming, sun downers and special people. Without a doubt my favourite time of year!

8. Having dinner with my family. Mops and Pops are over, so are the aunts and uncles. The roast is in the oven and Pops is undoubtedly telling Clauds that it's over done. There's so much chatter and running around. How many people are actually over? I lose count. If there's one thing that this home has always been, it's full. Full of happy bodies. Full of love. Full of flawed people just trying to do their best at loving one another and proving that no matter what, as long as we're together we'll get through it.

9. Seeing physical results after months of eating clean and trying my best to be healthier and happier.

10. Reading engagement and birth stories.

11. Lighting a yummy smelling candle, taking time to wind down and getting lost in my prayers.

12. Seeing a shooting star.

13. Knowing that I always have a home to return to. A safe place that I'm always welcome. A place full of love and grace.

14. Having the sun shine down warmly on my face.

15. And lastly, that feeling I get when I pull into the long driveway of our farm after being away for two months. The avenue of trees welcomes me home and in those moments there's not much that could bring me down.


2 comments:

  1. Great feelings - and thank you for the kindest words x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely idea!
    Number 10 - TOTALLY on my list too! (Do you watch One Born Every Minute?)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.