A Bit on Exams, Dads, Cough Syrup and Life in General

June 22, 2015
Ah it's good to be checking back in with you all! The last couple of weeks have been dragging by so, so slowly. I'm ready to head home you guys - more than ready. I wrote my second exam paper on Thursday. It went a lot better than I'd expected it to. I was stressing for that one if I'm honest. No amount of reading over my carefully color-coordinated key cards made me feel as prepared as I would have like to have felt, but as I just said, it went so much better than it could have gone. Thank the Lord! My last paper is this Friday. Most of my friends are finished and Emma heads home early on Wednesday morning. So while it does suck to be the last man standing, I'm hanging in there. #ThankYouBioStrath #ThankYouJesus

Besides all the studying I've been doing, life has been OK. I mean, it could be going a whooole lot better, but I seem to be handling everything really well - I've surprised myself actually. Things just seem to be going wrong all at once. Close friends have been going through really horrible break ups, there's a whole lot of personal things going in the lives of some more friends and that's been getting me down, and as I type this there's something itching me in my shirt and I can't seem to find what it is, which is really, really annoying.

Also, my great aunt passed away very suddenly last week. It came as a shock to the whole family. Clauds called me on the Wednesday morning to say Aunty Cally wasn't feeling too well and then called again on Wednesday evening to say she hadn't made it. Death is a horrible thing for those it leaves behind. Mostly my heart breaks for my family. My poor great gran has had to bury one of her children. My Pops has lost a sister. My cousins have now had to bury their mom not even 5 months after having to do the same to their dad. It's not a nice thing to be going through, but we're all staying strong and together we'll get through this just as we have so many times before. On top of everything that's been going down I've got a horrible chest infection and have been chugging down Vicks triple action cough what what like its nobody's business.

So yes, life could be going better round these parts but that doesn't make me any less in love with it all. I'm so blessed. I love this phase of life I'm in right now. You know, I haven't always been able to say that. I'm a dreamer, a big dreamer. I have all these plans and hopes and dreams for the future and I'm often caught spending far too much time day dreaming about life and what is to come. I'm terrible at living in the moment and I have to actively remind myself to focus on the here and now. And the here and now is pretty fantastic, despite everything that's going on.

In other news, it was Father's Day yesterday. My Dad is just great. I wish I could have been with the family yesterday to celebrate him. I called in the morning and he said Bridgitt and Nic had made him breakfast and they were just about to sit down and eat. I'm so glad those two have started taking initiative, haha. For the last few years they would constantly rely on me to organise the gifts etc. Being the big sister, I never minded. But I think it's great that they get a chance to be in charge of celebrating a man who has given us everything we could ever have hoped for. I love my Dad more than words could say. I only hope that my husband is half the Dad to my future children that my Dad has been to me.


Over the years, many things have changed. Like for example, I started wearing shirts and grew out of my bowl cut. But one thing has remained - our incredibly special bond. Forever grateful for this man, forever loved by this man.

So that's what's been going on around here in a nutshell, nothing too phenomenal and yet still enough to keep me on my toes. Now if you'll excuse me, I desperately need to find the source of this flipping itch in my shirt!

1 comment:

  1. I am just like you, also love to dream - it took a lot of practice but now that I have learned how to appreciate the present moment, I can attest to just how much better life gets! Good luck for your last exam on Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.