When the Cosmos Come Out to Play

April 08, 2015
One of my favourite things to do when I'm home is go for runs on our farm. These times alone are as good for my fitness level as they are for my soul. We're so blessed to live in such a stunning place - I doubt I'll ever get used to the beauty of it all.  I usually go out for just less than an hour. I always manage to get lost in my own thoughts and prayers and it's just a really great time to reconnect with myself and with the Lord.

Yesterday I decided to change my usual route up a bit and before I knew it, I'd been out for over an hour and had ventured to my most favourite spot - our dam. There I sat with the sun on my skin, a slight breeze blowing and the sound of a fish eagle calling and I was just overcome with such a sense of peace and gratitude. Gratitude for this life I'm living, gratitude for this place I call home and peace in knowing that He has it all planned out. I've had a couple of things on my heart lately and I've been praying about them constantly. Although it never felt as though God wasn't listening, I was in need of a bit of encouragement from Him. Amongst the pink faces of a million cosmos, encouragement is exactly what I got.








No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.