Blogilates Beginners' Challenge - Week 3

August 18, 2014
Week 3 of the Challenge was a bit of a mixed bag of emotions and efforts. Having been sick for the entirety of last week, my head just was not in the game. Somehow, I managed to push through the workouts for the week. I definitely could have put in more effort and time at the gym, so that's my goal for this coming week. I actually had to laugh at myself on Friday night - there I was in the middle of a club with all my friends, standing in what must have been the longest bathroom queue ever, doing calf raises. Thank goodness those around me were too tipsy to question my random little workout! I love that this lifestyle is seeping into every little aspect of my life and is becoming just that - a lifestyle. 

Here's a look at my journal entries for this last week...

Day 15 - Sunday, August 10th
Workout: 20 squats, POP Pilates for Beginners Total Body Workout and Serious Standing Pilates.
Today was probably the worst day I've had in this challenge. My calves were extremely sore from yesterday's workout and I haven't been feeling well for the last week or so. I couldn't finish the workouts for today and so I'm feeling pretty disappointed in myself. Depending on how I feel tomorrow I might try to make up for today's missed workouts.

Day 16 - Monday, August 11th
Workout: 20 jumping jacks, POP Pilates for Beginners Ab Time and Crazy Core Workout.
I'm not feeling any better today but I have made an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow. All of my muscles are aching and I think that's due to this flu or whatever it may be, and not necessarily the workouts. Once I'd finished attending my lectures for the day I spent the rest of the day in bed asleep. I hardly ever get sick and so I'm quite the grump lately.

Somehow I managed to push through the workouts today and once I got going, I began to enjoy myself. I also managed to find the energy to do the Serious Standing Pilates that I missed out on yesterday. My flexibility is definitely improving and so are my planks! I'm loving seeing little bits of progress. I'm just hoping that the rest of this week sees me feeling better so that I can really get back into the swing of things.

Day 17 - Tuesday, August 12th
Workout: 50 calf raises, Fat Burning Cardio Warm Up, Amazing Upper Back and Leg Stretches and Backless Dress Workout.
Today I noticed a change in my fitness levels. Not only am I able to do the workouts a little bit faster than before, but my form is also more correct. I'm no where near where I would like to be, but my body is amazing me with each passing day. It's the small victories that keep me motivated.

I went to our health care centre this morning because as I mentioned previously, I've really been battling with a sore throat and just the general flu. Girl's got herself some delicious sinusitis and a post nasal drip. I called Clauds this morning and told her I've got a post natal drip. She quickly corrected me. So I've got the meds and I'm sneaking in naps during the day and I'm slowly starting to feel better. I even managed to sneak in 30 minutes of cardio at the gym. So all in all, a good day was had.

Day 18 - Wednesday, August 13th
Workout: 30 seconds Hollow Rocks, Quiet Cardio, Stretching for Flexibility and Super Butt Workout.
After watching a few YouTube tutorials on how to do a hollow rock I came across more than one extremely buff, tanned dude telling me that it was an "advanced move". They mentioned that I shouldn't beat myself up if I failed at it. So you can imagine how I felt when I actually managed to do it and do it pretty well - not without a lot of shaking and belly jiggling, however. 

Over all, today was another good day. I really enjoyed the mix of the workouts today - a good balance between cardio, stretching and some strength training. I battled a bit with the elevated clam shells so I just did the variation for the entire time.

Day 19 - Thursday, August 14th
Workout: 1 minute plank, Pick Me Up Quickie Workout, ABC Abs and Body Slimming Workout.
One thing I noticed today was this sudden increase in my core strength. It just seems that all of a sudden I have this strength that I've never had before. I breezed through the ABC Abs and I was able to do the cork screw with fully extended legs the entire time. These workouts were still slightly tough, but I've noticed a massive improvement from the first time I did them.

Day 20 - Friday, August 15th
Workout: 10 roll ups, Feel Good Soul Stretches, Legs and Thighs Workout.
I always love the stretching workouts - they're relaxing and my flexibility is definitely improving. Today's legs and thighs workout was really difficult. My glutes started spasming and it just wasn't fun at all. I eventually stopped about half way through. Today wasn't the best day I've had, but I'm not beating myself up about it too much. I'm so looking forward to a rest day tomorrow!

Day 21 - Saturday, August 16th
Rest Day

Via

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.