Sunday Social

August 16, 2014
This weekend has been a really good one so far. Friday night was spent with some of my favorite people here. We all donned our overalls and got messy with some purple paint in celebration of this year's Intervarsity events. Yesterday morning I took advantage of the fact that I didn't need to get up for anything and made sure I slept in until lunch time - its a wonderful life, isn't it? I then spent the afternoon Spring cleaning my room, organizing some notes and spending some much needed time on my yoga mat.

Friday night's festivities 
Today I plan to spend a lot of time in bed, sipping on some green tea while reading my book. But before I get completely engrossed in my novel, I thought I'd partake in another Sunday Social link up. It's been ages since I last partook in one of these fun link ups - feel free to join in an answer the questions for yourself.

1. What is one item you wish you could splurge on right now?

I would probably have to say a plane ticket home. It's no secret that I miss my family. I'm having one of those months where I just need to be surrounded by those that love me most. I need wet, sloppy kisses from my baby brother. I need to hear my dad's terrible jokes. I need those chats with Clauds while basking in the sun light on our veranda. I need those runs along our farm where there's nothing but my thoughts and I.

2. If you had an entire weekend of no plans what would you do?

Honestly? I'd spend the entire weekend in my pajamas, reading, Pinteresting, writing, doing pilates and watching episode after episode of Friends. I'd love to say that I'd do something exciting such as a spontaneous road trip but I've been in a boring mood for the last couple of weeks or two. I might head into town with a couple of friends and have a nice, relaxed dinner and a glass of wine or two. Quiet frankly I wouldn't have it any other way.

If I were at home we'd most likely have dinner or a braai with the rest of our family as well as some family friends. Drinks would be poured, laughs would be had, babies would be bathed and taken for strolls around the farm and if it were warmer, we'd definitely be in the pool.

3. What is the next place you are visiting outside of your current city?

Some of the girls and I are hoping to sneak in a day trip to Port Alfred before the term begins wrapping up. However, if that doesn't happen then the next place I'll find myself in is my sweet home town back in KZN.

4. Are you a neat freak or a clutter bug?

I'm definitely a neat freak! I take pride in my personal space and make sure that it is always tidy and orderly. I'm not OCD or anything like that, I just prefer to be in a neat environment.

5. What has been your favourite Winter purchase?

I bought a really warm and cozy winter coat that I've been loving. Both Grahamstown and my home town can get extremely cold and so it really has come in handy.

I hope you've had a lovely weekend so far! Pop back here tomorrow to see my results of my third week on the Blogilates Beginners Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. Awe how nice you have tons of friends to hang out with. I am a stay at home mom and my social life is blogging and facebook.
    #SundaySocial

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, new follower here. I usually take the whole freaking week to play catch up from Sunday Social. But its worth it because I find new blogs. And now you have made me miss college...and now I feel old, LOL! But you sound like my kind of gal --- I mean, Friends, farms, verandas...love it!! can't wait to poke around on here more :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.