Today I

May 14, 2014
 May 14th, 2014.
Wednesday.
11:30pm

source
So I have definitely failed at the Blog Everyday In May challenge. Yup. I'm hoping to get back into it starting from tomorrow, these last few days have been rather hectic in my little life and so something had to give. But let's talk about today shall we? I hope today was simply wonderful for you. And if it wasn't, at least it's over now, right?

Today I... was determined to go to my Psych Dawnie (here at Rhodes we call the very first lecture period of the day a Dawnie, it begins at 7:45am and is absolute torture). I woke up at 6:30am only to look outside my window and be faced with the most horrific wind and drizzle. I messaged Em who happens to live two doors down and told her I was definitely going to stay in bed. She braved the awful weather, took one for the team and attended the lecture. What a champ.

Today I... went to breakfast in the Dining Hall for the first time in ages. I had hot milk with my corn flakes, I sat by myself and I sipped on two cups of coffee. It was wonderful.

Today I... did my last parking/yard work lesson for my Driver's and I did everything perfectly. I let out a quick thankful prayer to the big guy upstairs when I was certain my instructor couldn't hear me. Oh the relief to finally be getting things right.

Today I... painted my nails bright red.

Today I... Skyped my gran for a solid two hours. I lay on my bed, she on hers and we spoke about anything and everything. She mentioned a certain type of owl, I Googled it and we laughed at some of the images that came up. I gave her a tour of my room - it's nothing she hasn't seen before. She told me she'd just made a pot of butternut soup and I mentioned how she should have gone into stage production and design. It was so lovely just to chat and chat and chat. She's my dad's mom and lives about 70m away from us.

Today I... locked myself in my room and played all of my favourite country songs. My friends don't understand my obsession with country music but it's definitely something Clauds and I share a love for. After belting out all of my favourite lyrics I suddenly got very homesick. Not so great seeing as I still have a month and a half here.

Today I... had a conversation with a friend. This friend has played such a major role in my life over the last 13 years but over the last 4 months or so I felt that we were out growing each other. I felt as if I was going in one direction in life, and he the complete other. Things have been really shaky between us over the last couple of months, but the last two days have been just like things used to be. I hope we can work through whatever slump we're in - and if not, I'm not sure. I guess we'll just take it as it comes. But for now, I really loved our conversation today.

Today I... tried to convince my friends to do some yoga with me. I'm beginning (I'll have you know I had to type that 'beginning' seven times before I spelt it right) to become obsessed with the whole idea of it. They weren't too keen.

Today I... go to bed happy and feeling blessed. I cannot thank God enough for this feeling of contentment and peace that I'm finding myself in right now. I hope it lasts.

Goodnight world, dream the sweetest dreams.

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.