5 Things I've Been Loving Lately

May 09, 2014
Ah, the sweetness of the fact that it's Friday! I'm so looking forward to this weekend as I've had a pretty hectic week - I've had 4 driving lessons this week, three assignments due plus voting for the first time on Wednesday. I have one more driving lesson for the week later on this afternoon and then the weekend is all mine!

I have a Psychology test on Monday morning so I'm hoping to spend the majority of this weekend studying for that - I cannot handle the excitement that awaits me... Other than the studying, I haven't got much else planned. A few of my friends and I are hoping to have a picnic if the weather cooperates tomorrow and then tomorrow night Em and I are meeting up with another one of our friends, Charmaine, for dinner. I think it's going to be a goodie - here's hoping there's a lot of time to relax and catch up on some sleep as well.

Today's Blog Everyday In May prompt is "5 Things You Love on a Friday" and so here are my 5 things that I've been loving lately...

1) Quiet evenings spent with a mug of tea and a good book. 
Although I've had a lot on my plate this week, I've managed to still have a bit of energy post 11pm to curl up in bed with some tea and my book. I love reading but I hardly have time for it anymore, so I cherish these quiet moments to myself.

Taken from my Instagram
2) Snapchats from Clauds consisting of selfies of her, my dad and Liam letting me know that I'm being missed back home.
Enough said.

3) Depth Over Distance by Ben Howard.
I've always adored this man's music and this song has been on repeat for the last week or so. His voice is so beautiful and I love the lyrics.

4) Aussie Hair Products.
I have very long, thick hair and so a good shampoo and conditioner are essential for me. I first tried Aussie's Luscious Long Shampoo and Conditioner back in January and I love it! After shampooing and conditioning my hair is left feeling so soft and light. My hair is about 3/4 down my back and there is A LOT of it. I wash it three times a week, with this being said I think it's pretty impressive that I bought a 300ml shampoo and a 250ml conditioner in mid-January and they are only finishing now - it's May for goodness sake! I mean I'm not complaining at all, and neither is my budget. Not only do they smell amazing, but they're pretty affordable too at about R64 each. There's also a whole variety of products to suit your hair type, so all in all I'm pretty obsessed.


5) The last thing that I've been loving lately is just life in general really.
Right now life is just good. I'm happy and I'm content and I'm in a good place physically, emotionally and spiritually. It's been a while since I've been able to say I'm truly content. So often I find myself being overwhelmed with stress, academic commitments and just the general happenings of life but things seem to be going pretty darn well around these parts. I'm so thankful and I hope I haven't just jinxed myself!

And that's that, my list of what I'm loving lately! Is there anything in particular that you've been loving lately that you think is worth sharing? Drop me a comment and do let me know!

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.