Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul

May 08, 2014
Today's prompt from the challenge asks me to share with all of you a book that I would like to read but haven't gotten round to yet. So today I present to you a book that I've been wanting to read for close on three years now - John Eldredge's Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul.


This book is an extremely popular Christian book that states that women have three desires - one, to be romanced, two, to play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure, and lastly, three, to unveil beauty. It states that us women are an embodiment of God's beauty, mystery and vulnerability and it encourages women to embrace our glory.

I absolutely love reading. Few things calm my soul the way hopping into bed with a great novel does. Unfortunately I just don't seem to have to time to really get stuck into many books anymore, how sad? My life is currently consumed with reading Psychology reports and journal articles on Anthropology and Oceania which is as about as fun as it sounds...

So many of my friends have sobbed through this book read this book and mentioned just how much it has moved them. Unveiling the mystery of a woman's soul? I could definitely do with a little bit of a better understanding of my soul! I can't wait to finally get a copy for myself when I'm back home (I've given up on asking the lady at Grahamstown's Bargain Books to please order me a copy). So when I finally do get around to reading this gem, I'll let you all know how it goes!

Have you read this book? If so, what were your thoughts on it? I'd love to hear them. Have a beautiful Thursday friends!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.