One of my Favourite People Turn Another Year Older

April 15, 2014
 Yesterday my step-mom, Clauds, celebrated her birthday. 
I would have loved to have been with her, celebrating alongside my family, but unfortunately my second term of varsity began on the same day.
If you've been around these parts before, you've most definitely heard me speak of Clauds. Its difficult not to constantly mention a woman who plays such a major role in my life, its difficult not to constantly mention a woman that inspires me, supports me and loves me without hesitation, without question and without asking anything in return.
I've known Clauds my entire life and I've had the privilege of being her daughter for the last 8 years. To the both of us, there is no "step" in our family. I consider Clauds to be my mother, her parents are my grandparents, her siblings are my aunts and uncles and her family is my family.

Pretty, pretty Mom.
The day we officially became a family.
Because it was her birthday and because there's just so much to love about her, I thought I'd share some of the things that I love most about my beautiful step-mom.

I love her obsession with Woolies Food stores.
I love that we send each other hilarious Pins while I'm at varsity and she's at home.
I love her need to have things matching and well-organised.
I love the way she would answer a call from an unknown number with "Claudette speaking, hello?"
I love that we both cannot stand tomatoes.
I love the safety and security that she's brought our family.
I love our chats that take place in the bathroom.
I love that she eats her cereal with a teaspoon.
I love that she came into my life when I needed her most - I love that I only realised this recently while looking back on life.
I love that we adore the same TV programs.
I love that she makes my Dad so happy.
I love that she's my best friend when I need her to be, and my parent when I need her to be.
I love that she's young.
I love her dance moves.
I love her green eyes.
I love that when my own mother completely broke me, she picked up the pieces and showed me that being family has nothing to do with blood.
I love that because she's so short, she has to sit right on top of the steering wheel.
I love her loyalty to her family.
I love that she wanted to become a mom so desperatly, and throughout all her years of struggling with fertility issues, she never once gave up and as a result of her absolute faith in the Lord, she brought Liam Patrick into the world.
I love that she will never compromise her beliefs and values.
I love that it only takes 2 glasses of wine to get her absolutely buzzing.
I love her fingernails and toe nails - they are the most perfect nails I've ever seen. I wish I had her hands!
I love her roasts and her cream and brandy sauce that she makes with our steak.
I love that we're so different, yet so similar at the same time.
I love her honesty.
I love her love for Simba chips.

There are so many things I love about her, and I hope she never forgets this.
Happy birthday Claudy Clauds. You're the very best.

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.