Currently

April 14, 2014
Currently... I am sitting on my bed, back in Res, in a room that is very much not my own yet. I have with me my bags brought from home and that is it. I can't wait to get all my belongings out of storage so that this little space of mine can start feeling more mine.

Currently... I am grateful to have survived the first day back at Varsity after a lovely, but far too short holiday back at home.

Currently... I'm running on reserve. Exhaustion has set in after a hectic few days and a very, very long drive back to Grahamstown. More on that drive back to come.

Currently... My hair is screaming out to be washed.

Currently... I'm wondering why Rhodes decided that Term should start 5 days before Easter - this means I miss spending Easter with my family by 5 days, only to have a 4 day weekend this coming weekend. Not that I'm complaining though, due to the fact that Em's family are whisking us away on a mini holiday in Port Alfred. I can't wait.

Currently... I'm writing a paper on the struggles that the Khoi-San have faced in reclaiming their identity after Apartheid. I know. First day back.

Currently... I'm excited to see what this term holds. I'm eager to work hard and get back into the swing of things. As much as I love being home, I've established a life for myself here and it's good to get back to it.

Currently... My last meal was on Saturday night. I've eaten a bag of crisps, a handful of jelly babies and a soggy cornish pastie in the last 48 hours. My body is kicking me for firstly hardly eating a thing over the last two days and secondly, for the fact that the only things I have eaten have been absolute crap. I drove back to Grahamstown from home yesterday on my own for the first time and I was too nervous to eat anything. I then discovered today that the Res dining hall had unbooked my meals for today and I've been so busy I haven't been able to grab anything of substance. This could be contributing to the fact that I'm too tired to even blink.

Currently... I'm late for a Psychology prac, so I really should wrap this up. Just thought I'd sneak a quick one in, but I have so much more that I want to share with you this week! Hope your Monday has been as good as a Monday can get!

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.