Letters on a Friday

Dear Easter Weekend
It was so wonderful to spend the long weekend with the Huntleys, especially in beautiful Port Alfred. There's just something about taking sunset walks along the beach with views of the marina and all her boats that my heart adores. We had so much fun, we really did. Em and I lay on the beach for hours on end, we chatted away and dozed off a bit every now and again. The weather was beautiful and I've definitely returned to little Grahamstown a few shades darker. I'd never spent Easter away from the family, so it was definitely a first for me. The fam enjoyed a potjie competition back home. All the men in my family competed and while it would have been lovely to be with them, I truly had an amazing time. I miss the quiet nights with cups of tea and a crossword, I miss the not so quiet nights too - the ones with glasses of wine and belly laughs. It was a goodie, one that I won't be forgetting for a long time!



Are you feeling awkward yet?






Dear Grahamstown
Don't take this the wrong way old girl, but I'd much rather be in Port Alfred! You're chilly and you're causing all of us to whip out our scarves and Uggs (not that I'm complaining about the Winter fashion, I adore Winter clothes)! Today is the first day that it hasn't rained since we got back from Port Alfred and it would be just wonderful of you if you could keep up the good weather for the duration of this long weekend. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I come out of my last late lecture and its already dark outside. Autumn is wrapping her pretty fingers around every corner of campus and I'm loving watching the leaves change colour. This has got to be my most favourite season!

 Dear Girls
I'm so excited for our dinner date tonight. Friends are just too lovely for words - old ones and new ones - and I can't wait to have a good old girls' night out tonight.

Dear Cat
Personally I think packing up an overnight bag with jammies, a cake mix and my pillow, hopping into my little car with Em and driving the whole 1.2km's to your Diggs for a sleepover is the perfect way to spend a Saturday night. I'm excited, friend.


No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.