When The Leaves Start Changing

April 25, 2014
 Autumn has arrived here in little old Grahamstown! 
Grahamstown is notorious for experiencing four different seasons in one day. The weather definitely took some getting used to when I moved here at the beginning of last year. When it's hot here, oh my word but is it HOT here! The same goes for when it gets cold - it can get absolutely freezing. 


Lately I've noticed the small changes that announce the arrival of Autumn. The leaves are all changing colour and slowly falling to the ground, there is a cheeky little nip in the afternoon breeze and everyone seems to be dusting off their Winter coats. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I come out of my last late lecture and its already dark outside. Even the barister at my favourite little coffee place has started mixing up mochacinnos for me instead of my regular iced coffee. I've packed away all my bright pink and orange nail polishes and I've begun to prefer the chocolate browns, maroons and deep plums instead. At night I sit at my desk, tackling whatever assignments need to be done or watching some McLeod's Daughters with a beautiful scented candle making its presence known throughout my entire room, while fluffy socks hug my feet.


Autumn is wrapping her pretty fingers around every corner of campus and I'm loving every second of it. This has got to be my most favourite season!

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.