Wine on Friday. Sinutab on Saturday. Vacuuming on Sunday.

March 09, 2014
 Yet another weekend has flown by leaving me baffled as to how it is almost the middle of March already!
While Second Year is demanding and the work load has increased incredibly, I am grateful for the fact that the way in which my timetable was worked out leaves me with a pretty relaxed Friday. I have one tutorial early in the morning and one lecture not long after, this means every weekend is pretty much a long weekend for me.

On Friday evening Emma and I went over to one of our friend, Catherine's digs for an evening of wine, laughs and some good old girl time. I met her digs mates for the first time and everyone was incredibly sweet and a good time was most certainly had. At about 10:30pm we ventured out to Friars like any other Friday night in Grahamstown. It had been a long week and after having had enough of dancing and drunk people falling all over the place, we headed home and jumped into bed.

Courtney, Me, Emma, Cat and Sam.


Saturday was nice and relaxed. I slept in until mid morning before Emma and I headed into town to pop into the pharmacy - Em's been battling with the flu for the last 4 days or so. We then browsed through a couple of shops on our way home and I bought a really cute black winter dress as well as a soft and chunky navy woolen jersey. I'm so excited for Autumn and Winter to show their faces - I love the fashion that comes along with the chilly weather. After dinner a few girls from Res decided they wanted to order some pizza and then go out for a few drinks. I decided to stay home as I had a lot of homework to finish up and was feeling tired from the night before.

Today's been a chilly and rainy day - perfect for snuggling up in bed with a hot cup of something delish and a really good movie. Once a term our dining hall hosts a brunch for all the members in our res and hall and today was the first one of 2014. Rhodents take this meal extremely seriously - they spend days preparing their bodies for this magnificent feast of fruits, cereals, toast, scones, jams, preserves, cheeses, muffins, mushrooms, omlettes, bacon, sausages, saute potatoes, beans, fried tomatoe, coffee, teas, juices etc etc etc. It's a welcome change from the two week cycle that we usually have.
Apparently rainy Sundays are also for laundry, vacuuming, linen changing, typing up of lecture notes and essays, because that is what I'm finding myself doing for the rest of the day. Once all the homework is taken care of, I'm hoping to snuggle up in bed and finish watching About Time.

How's your weekend going?
I hope you all have a blessed week ahead!
x

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.