Butternut Cravings, McLeod's Daughters and I Do's - Just An Average Weekend

March 24, 2014
Long weekends. They're so wonderful and are always welcomed by me, especially after the last week I've had! I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend and took full advantage of Friday's public holiday. Last week was just awful, I had so much work to get through and no matter how many hours I spent sitting at my desk under my little desk lamp with highlighter and pen to paper, the work load just refused to decrease. On top of all the work that I had to complete, I just wasn't feeling myself. But like all horrible things, the week came to an end, the deadlines were met and I was finally able to hop into bed at night and watch some McLeod's Daughters instead of typing up essays.

Emma and I went out on Thursday night after spending a couple of hours with Angie and Stace.


Stace introduced us to her new boyfriend and they are just as sweet as can be. He was very understanding of my many questions ("I crave butternut quite regularly, do you ever crave butternut? Be careful of how you answer this, because your answer could determine whether I allow you to date Stacey or not. Oh, you do crave butternut from time to time? That's just wonderful. Jolly good"). He even clapped along when I forced him to listen to my rendition of the Dixie Chick's Goodbye Earl. Brownie points have been earned, son. Good job!

I spent the entirety of Friday under the impression that it was Saturday (thank you public holiday for confusing the pants off of me) and then I spent the entirety of Saturday in awe of just how many people were getting married! I know of four different couple that tied the knot on Saturday. Two of those couples happen to be cousins of mine - cousins that I grew up with, cousins that I shared colouring books and crayons with, cousins that I would explore rivers and streams with, cousins that I built forts with, forts named JSB, forts where we would blow up frogs with little sticks of dynamite (definitely the boys' idea), forts that only we knew about, cousins that I played with for countless hours, cousins that I share a million memories with. I know this is slightly dramatic, but do you have any idea how old and forever alone that makes me feel? 

I spent Sunday sleeping in, doing a film review for Anthropology, doing laundry, watching a bajillion episodes of McLeod's and getting over the fact that so many of my friends/relatives/peers are getting engaged, married and having babies ON PURPOSE. So that was my weekend, nothing too special but still lovely all the same.


I opened up my Facebook this morning only to discover another one of my friends has gotten engaged. What. The. Hell. After making this discovery Em and I missioned down to the Spur for dinner  and there we sat eating our 2 for 1 burger specials ignoring the fact that we're the only dates each other have had in over a year.
I hope your Monday was as great as a Monday could get.
x

4 comments:

  1. Your time will come sweet Shan - enjoy these magical varsity years because they will be missed!! Don't hurry life or love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Don't hurry life or love" - I love it! I will definitely be keeping those words close x

      Delete
  2. I can totally empathise, I was always the single girl. Chris (now husband) is actually my second boyfriend. SECOND. Wouldn't you rather marry a man without having to kiss 100 ugly toads first? Be patient, it will be so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would DEFINITELY like to pass on the 100 ugly toads ;) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.