{Welcome, 2014}

January 06, 2014
Beautiful Clauds and I at the Wright Wedding we attended this last Saturday.
Firstly, Happy New Year to every single one of you! I hope that this year is nothing short of amazing for each one of us - I'm so excited to live out the adventures that this year holds.

We left off with me wishing you all a Merry Christmas a couple of days before the 25th and here I am, back almost 2 weeks later. If you haven't noticed my absence on this space, I certainly have. I have no reason for neglecting this blog other than the fact that I am simply enjoying each moment of every single day. I am present and I am focused on what is right in front of me, today. Life is the greatest it's been in a long time and I'm trying to soak it all up and really be in the moment. Posting about it all is the last thing on my mind to be completely honest. Does that mean I've forgotten about this space or that I'm no longer going to be a regular poster? Absolutely not. I'm just giving you a chance to miss me a bit ;)

There has been so much going on in my life. Christmas was great - we had all of our family over at our house and it was, for the most part, a stress-free day. New Year's Eve was spent with all my hometown friends at a local dam about 30km's from home. It was hilarious and deserves it's very own recap post (hopefully I'll have that up sometime this week). 

The other exciting thing that took place lately was MY 20TH BIRTHDAY!!! I'm so heartbroken that my day came and went so quickly and that I have to wait a whole year until my next one. It was a very relaxed day and I didn't do much at all but oh my gosh did I feel blessed throughout the whole day. Dad has been walking around feeling rather upset because my birthday gift that was ordered a number of weeks ago hasn't arrived in the post yet and so I wasn't able to receive it on my birthday. I have tried to explain to him so many times that I'm past the age where the gifts are everything and I'm absolutely fine with waiting a couple of days or so until it arrives. I do have to admit though, I have no idea what it could be and I'm a tad nervous as they didn't ask for any gift suggestions like they usually do. I guess time will tell!

The other biggie took place on Saturday, the day after my birthday. My best friend, Dillyn's dad got married. It was such an amazing day and that too, deserves a whole post of it's own.

How has the first week (or just under) of 2014 gone for you? Drop me a comment below, I love hearing from you!

xx, Shan.

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.