Life Lately

December 22, 2013

It's a great thing - being a student who happens to be 10 days shy of 20 and currently on a 3 month Christmas vacation with minimal responsibilities.

I'm having so much fun doing absolutely nothing and I don't ever want this holiday to end. Here's a little bit of what's been going on in my world lately...

Last weekend Dillyn came over for dinner on Friday night and forced the family to watch 2 hours of MMA on SuperSport. The fam and I then spent both Saturday and Sunday in the pool at the grandparents' house. There were Savannah's that were never completely consumed due to the Jack Russells and their relentless running around the pool which caused much knocking over of drinks (probably a good thing), there were lessons given to me by Pops on how to dive with a snorkel, there were naps under the shade of a tree had by Liam and there was a lot of fun had by all. I also managed to turn about 16 shades darker so I was rather pleased about that!

As Monday was a public holiday we met up with Pops and Mops, Rhonda and little Chase for lunch at a small holiday resort not too far away from home. My sister, her boyfriend, Matt and I played games of pool and ping pong after lunch and then took the little kids onto the mini golf course for a hilarious round of putt-putt. It was an amazing day that left us all exhausted.

The rest of the week was very relaxed until Matt took the siblings and I to do some Christmas shopping. Nic and I paired off and tried to get through our list and let me tell you something, last minute Christmas shopping with a 15 year old boy a week before Christmas in a busy mall was as awful as it sounds. Thank goodness it's all over and done with and I can now have fun wrapping them all up!

On Friday evening Bridge and Matt headed to his house for a few days before Bridge comes back home for Christmas. It's strange not having them in the house as I'd gotten so used to them being here for the last month and I kind of miss them :(
After we said goodbye to them I met up with Dillyn and a few other friends I hadn't seen for a while for a few drinks and a couple hundred rounds off pool. T'was a wonderful evening!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Here are a few phone snaps of everything that's been going on lately.

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.