Just Checking In

December 10, 2013

Well hi there you guys! I have missed this space over the last week or so, but let me tell you - life is good. I am so loving being at home and just taking advantage of each day of this holiday.

I was picked up from the airport on the 30th by my Dad and his best friend, Troy. We then headed to the loveliest beach house in Durban where my family and our family friends were staying. What followed was an amazing couple of days with the best people. The sound of the waves crashing, a glistening pool, the braai sizzling away, a chilled glass of wine and the giggles of my favourite people made one hell of a happy Shan. We celebrated both Nic and Liam's birthday while in Durban before heading home.

I was finally able to meet my little cousin, Chase, and make up for lost time with extra snuggley snuggles. You guys. So. Tiny. So. Frikken. Cute.

My sister and her boyfriend have been home for the last couple of weeks which means that all 4 Leahy siblings are under the same roof for the first time in a long time - it's lovely except for when they gang up on me (I'm 20, shouldn't that have stopped by now?) but don't feel too bad for me, it only happens between 6/7 times a day.

The rest of my first week back has consisted of catching up with Dillyn, tanning on my lawn, taking walks around the farm and THEN THE EXCITING PART.... Partying it up in celebration of Liam's birthday.

Liam's party was held this weekend and it truly was the best day I have had in a long while. It was Dr Seuss' "The Lorax" themed. Who knew a one year old's birthday party could have been such fun for a 20 year old? My best friend Sarah spent a few days at the farm with us and so she was here for the party. Together we blew up about 500 balloons and took full advantage of the jumping castle. I hadn't seen her in 6 months and so my heart was full this weekend.

Life is great you guys. So great.

If you'd like to see what I'm getting up to each day please do follow me on the Insta (@shanleahy) and the Twit (@shann_leahy). I update those two networks way more frequently compared to this blogitty blog.

Here are a million photos just because. Enjoy!

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.