The Baby Name Tag Part 1

November 07, 2013
Yesterday I mentioned that over the next few days I'll be looking into baby names. Today's post is my answers to a fun baby name tag and I will be posting it in two parts just because it is rather long. My favourite names change all the time and I am just so grateful that there is no need for me to choose one any time soon - not for the next 5-10 years at least - because I honestly don't think I would be able to settle on just one. I should warn you that I have been told that my selection of names is sometimes strange so please don't go thinking I'm crazy ;) 
Here is the first installment and if you're keen to do this tag on your blog be sure to leave me a link so I can pop over and read your answers!

1. List your favourite and least favourite names from the list of top baby names for this year.
So according to this website, these are the top ten baby names for this year for girls:
  1. Emma
  2. Olivia
  3. Sophia
  4. Ava
  5. Isabella
  6. Mia
  7. Emily
  8. Charlotte
  9. Amelia
  10. Abigail 
... and these are the top ten for boys:
  1. Liam
  2. Noah
  3. Ethan
  4. Mason
  5. Jacob
  6. Jack
  7. Lucas
  8. Jackson
  9. Logan
  10. Aiden
I would have to say that my favourite out of the girls would have to be a toss up between Sophia and Ava. I would say Ava is my favourite as of right now and my least favourite from the girls would be Abigail. I think it is a beautiful name, however it is just so overused.

I adore Mason from the boys, however I would never use it on any of my children because the Kardashian connection is so strong. My least favourite from the boys is Aiden. I just don't like the way it sounds and I knew a strange Aiden once.

2. If you had twins, what would you name them? (Girl/girl, boy/boy and girl/boy). 
I would name my girls Quinn and Avery. The boys would be Christian and Oliver and then lastly, my boy/girl pair would be Hunter for the boy and Milo for the little girl. Milo is actually a boy's name but I'm loving the idea of it on a girl.

3. If you could change your name to anything, what would it be? 
I wouldn't change my first name as I really do like it. My Dad chose it and I have always been a fan of it. I would however change my second name. I've tried really hard to like my second name, it has such a beautiful meaning behind it because it is my late gran's name who sadly passed away when my mom was 10. I haven't the slightest idea what I would change it to though!

4. You have 4 children. Any gender. Their first names all have to start with the same letter. What would their names be? 
Lets go with 2 boys and 2 girls and the letter B, shall we? The girls would be Briah (pronounced Bree-a) and Beatrice (she'd probably go by Bea though as I prefer it, but I am so in love with the meaning of this name; "bringer of happiness"). The boys would be Benjamin (I have adored this name since I was about 9) and lastly, Bryn.

5. Favourite animal inspired name? 
For a girl my favourite animal inspired name would without a doubt be Wren. I think it is just so beautiful on a baby girl as well as a toddler, teen and adult. 

6. Favourite colour inspired name?
Gray for a boy. Love, love, love it.

So those were my answers to today's questions. Pop in tomorrow for part 2 xx

3 comments:

  1. You didn't tell us what your middle name actually is??? As much as I love so many of those names, they are all too popular for my liking. I want names that I don't personally know anyone else who has used it too, if that makes sense? Animal names?? Gosh I have NO idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun!! I feel like I have been DROWNING in baby names, since being pregnant, and it's a neverending challenge thinking of the "perfect" ones, you know?? I mean, it's an important job and decision!! Good thing we have quite a few more months to decide! ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine how overwhelming it must be! And you're so right, you've still got time to decide on the perfect one :) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.