Karma...

November 07, 2013
via
When was the last time it served you a massive helping of delicious payback?
The other evening I was walking back to my Res when I saw someone approaching. This someone is a delightful person, but I just didn't have the energy to stop and partake in one of their conversations about absolutely nothing at that moment. 
So being the saint that I am, I whipped out my phone and began acting like I was sending a text (don't pretend like you haven't done it before - I see you!)
It was right about then that the universe saw my bitchy move and decided that it would be a good idea for me to trip down a handful of stairs as I was passing the person I was trying to avoid.
It was embarrassing, painful and made me feel very guilty for pulling my I-must-avoid-eye-contact-and-then-they-won't-notice-me move because the person then stopped and kindly asked me if I was alright.
I am now left with a possibly sprained ankle that makes getting from A to B take 4 times longer than it usually would and those stone stairs are left with about 478 grams worth of my shredded ass cheek and lower back.
It would have just been easier to smile and say hi, wouldn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahaha had to laugh at this, sorry! I think we have all been there at one point or another. It's like I've always said:
    Karma's only a bitch if you are! (Hope you heal up quickly though!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.