Leaver's Ball and a Weekend Recap

October 14, 2013
 Friday night was a very relaxed and much needed night in. I took a nice long bath, browsed Pinterest like a mad woman, called home and made sure everyone was missing me, listened to some of my favourite music, cuddled in bed, chatted to Jesus and just relaxed after a very long week.

On Saturday night we got all dressed up and had a lovely time at our very first annual Res Leaver's Dinner. Being a first year, I had obviously never attended one of these evenings and so I was really looking forward to it.I wore a simple black dress with a lace back that I had bought for my aunt and uncle's wedding which I didn't end up being able to go to in any case, so I'm glad I managed to get some wear out of it.
The girls and I spent the afternoon doing our hair and make up ourselves. The weather turned really, really bad (thank you, Grahamstown) very quickly but we didn't let that ruin our mood.
All in all, it was a really great night and we all enjoyed ourselves.





Sunday was not very eventful at all. I managed to sleep in - hallelujah! I cleaned my tiny dorm room, I caught up on some work and prepped some readings for today's tuts, grabbed some dinner with Em and chilled. 

I loved this weekend, Saturday night was amazing and I got to really relax the rest of the time. This week ahead is going to be pretty busy but nothing I can't handle. I hope to get all my notes sorted out this week in preparation for the upcoming exams just so that it's one less thing to stress about. Did I mention how I'm going home in 2 weeks? I cannot wait. I'll only be home for about 5/6 days but I need to be with my family for a little while in order to prevent a severe case of the crazies setting in ;). This term is a total of 3 months long, isn't that ridiculous? I'm so grateful to be able to pop home for a little mid-term escape.

What did you get up to this weekend? Drop me a comment and let me know. I hope you all have a great week! 
xx

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.