The Life of Liam in Photos

The Blogtember topic for today is; Wednesday, September 18: Only photos.
I know today calls for only photos, but the photos that I want to share today do need to be accompanied by a few words...

You may or may not know (who am I kidding, he's mentioned in almost every second post!) that I have a 9 month old brother, Liam. I have never fully explained Liam's story (saving that one for his first birthday) but basically little Liam is my family's version of a miracle. My dad and Clauds struggled for a number of years to conceive him and he was born at 1kg and just over 8 weeks premature. I love this boy fiercely and I thought I'd share these photos with you today so you can see just how much our little miracle has grown and what a little fighter he is!
- some of these photos are cell phone snaps and Instagram photos but they're all precious, so just bare with me.
Holding my Dad's thumb at just a few hours old.
Wearing still-too-big premmie nappies at 1 day old.
He was a couple of weeks old here and yes, that is a regular sized dummy.
At 3 weeks old, Liam is only the size of a 750ml water bottle.
Long days in the NICU spent cuddling Dad.
Mommy holding her precious boy. My parents were the only ones allowed to get anywhere near him for the first month of his life. 
Still in the NICU. Being fed by Dad at about 3 weeks old. Liam would eat about 15-20ml each feed.
Clauds holding Liam's tiny hand.
Day 25. Our first Christmas with Liam. I stood at this glass window and watched him for a month. It was heartbreaking at times. I first touched my brother on the 1st of January of this year.
Having his first hernia operation at about 3 months old.
Finally being able to cuddle Liam.
Taken on one of the early days at home.
 Fast forward about 8 months and we're blessed with this adorable and not so tiny anymore baby boy...
Taken in July - 7 months old.
7 months old.
Taken on my last trip home a couple of weeks ago - 9 months old.
Giving him kisses. The love I have for this boy is insane.
19 years difference between the two of us but a bond that could never be broken.
Milky-mouthed baba with his pretty Mommy.
And so there you have it... some photos of one of the most precious people in my life. I cannot wait to share his story with you all in December!

3 comments:

  1. Adore these pics and the love you have for him is so precious!!!!! He really was tiny, I've worked with some preemie's before and have seen the heart ache family feels being "shut off" for so long. So glad he is 100% well and happy now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was difficult for everyone in my family but he's perfect now and so we're loving every moment with him :) x

      Delete
  2. What a journey, I am happy he is well and thriving. He looks to be a happy a boy, that relationship will continue to grow through the years.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.