A Letter To My Dad

September 17, 2013

Dear Dad

Happy Birthday! I hope you have an amazing day surrounded by those that love you so incredibly much. I wish with all my little heart that I could spend today with you, but you'll be in my thoughts throughout today.

You have set such an admirable example for me and for this I will be eternally grateful. You have showed me the true meaning of sacrifice and what it means to love. You are the most selfless human I have ever come across and you give whole heartedly daily. You have allowed me to grow into my own person, you have allowed me to make my own choices and you have allowed me to create a life for myself - you have done all of this with me knowing that your support is never-ending and that nothing I could ever do would make you stop loving me.

I only hope that I am lucky enough to find a man who will one day love me the way that you love Clauds. If the father of my children turns out to be half the man that you are, then I can confidently say that they will be some extremely blessed kiddies. You're incredible, Dad, and you deserve to be told that daily.
My respect for you has grown so much for you this year - you work so hard every single day to support your family, you take on so much more than is expected from you and still at the end of the day I can dial your number and complain about the silly issues in my life. Your words are always so comforting and it only takes a minute of chatting to you and one of your jokes and my day is brightened again.

I miss you Dad! I'm counting down the days until I get to see you and the rest of my wonderful family again.
Thank you for every sacrifice you have ever made for me. I promise to make each and every one of them worth it in the long run. I may not always understand just how much you do for me, but I can only promise to always, always be grateful to you.

I love you so much Dad, and thank you for loving me more. Happy Birthday.

Love,
Shan Shan
xx

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful letter to your Dad...you actually brought me to tears!!! I also have such a strong and special relationship with my Father! He is my hero...I look up to him so much because he has seen me at my happiest and seen me in my darkest moment! He is always there giving me advice about life, love, finance etc!!! Having my dad a part of my life has made me a better person!!! Keep up the great blogging...you are truly inspirational and I can see you will go far and reach new heights! Much love :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so kind of you to say - thank you so much! Dads are just the best, aren't they? :) x

      Delete
  2. Ah love it!!!Also have an amazing dad, and am married to an amazing dad. I believe so strongly that when you are brought up a man with strong morals, ethics and values - you will never settle for marrying a man any less than the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a beautiful letter to your dad :) I hope he's a frequent reader of this beautiful space and that he sees it ;) My dad is subscribed to mine and reads it in the morning with his coffee. Silly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is adorable! :) Thank you for popping by, I have been a reader of Travel Babbles for a couple of months and I absolutely love it!

      Delete
  4. Oh My Shans, you get me all choked up here in the dairy, even felts some tears, Thankyou thankyou so so much for those kind words. I love you my angel and cant wait to see you when you are home again. i cant tell you how proud i am of you and the women that you have turned out to be. You are one truly amazing person with so much to offer, whether be it with your friends , family, or that one special person. So thankyou my darling. Love you with all my heart.
    Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.