Life Lately

I don't know what it is, but every time I get home for the holidays, our wireless stops working. I think maybe it's our sweet Lord above working in His own ways and making sure I get to spend some quality time with my family while I'm home. I got home on the 30th of August and our wireless said its goodbyes the next day - hence the cricket chirps round these parts... I am, however, back and so excited to share some great posts with you all. I will be partaking in Blogtember and I'll get those posts up as soon as I am all settled back in Res and into Varsity life. Please bare with me as I find my feet again after this short holiday!

Although my holiday was only a little over a week, it truly was so wonderful. To be with my family again after a couple of months of being in Grahamstown is always the best feeling ever. Here's a list of things (and a couple of my Instagram snaps) that I got up to during the holiday and a few things that are going on in my life lately...
Kisses for the sweetest baby brother.
  • Landed in Durbs on the Friday.
  • Spent the Saturday at home with one of my bests, Dillyn. It's always so refreshing to be in his presence. We played cricket. We chatted. We laughed until our bellies ached. We had cake at my Gogo's house. We played with little Liam and we just caught up with what was going on in each of our lives.
  • Sunday was spent at a darling little Spring Day High Tea with all the ladies from our area. It was such a beautiful, sunny day filled with lots of little treats.
  • On Monday Clauds, Liam and I visited Clauds' best friend, Lisa. Lisa has two tiny babas of her own, Trace and Tyler. We then all went to a book expo. There were free brownies - I was more than pleased.
    Cuddles with Liam.
  • Tuesday was probably spent catching up on all my recordings of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Ready For Love and Teen Mom with the coolest cat in town snuggled up on my lap.
  • On Wednesday we went to Maritzburg to do some shopping. Nic had an orthodontist appointment and I had to go to the bank (I know... so grown up of me). That night Dad and I headed to the local pub for the weekly Jenga night. No Jenga was played, however, a few drinks and a plate of chips were shared between Dill and I. It was a lovely evening but I was in bed by 10pm (banks really can exhaust a newly grown up girl)!!
  • Thursday was another chilled day. We took full advantage of the sunny weather and Liam had a little swim in his Ducky. Thursday night was spent at Dillyn's house having a braai with a couple of friends. It's nights like those that make me miss home so much.
  • Friday saw me having tea with Gogs, popping into town with Dad and running a couple of errands with Clauds.
    Clauds with her sweet milk covered baba.
  • On Saturday Dad, Clauds, Liam and I went for coffee at Dill's house. Dill's dad, Gavin, proposed to his girlfriend and so we all got very excited and did a "hurry up December, we want wedding time" dance.
  • Sunday was spent with my entire extended family. They always get together and come over on the days that I arrive back home or just before I leave. They're cute like that - they really know how to make a girl feel loved. We spent the day having cake and tea, chatting and playing with my aunt and uncle's little Jack Russel pup; Fat Cat. Later that evening Gogs came over for dinner. I then ignored the lump in my throat and packed my bags.
  • Yesterday we woke up at 4am and headed to the airport to catch my 8am flight. All sorts of confusion happened and I ended up holding the whole plane up. I was a snotty, mascara ruined, sobbing mess. Ugh. It was very embarrassing and I'm so grateful I have the ability to laugh at myself. Saying goodbye to my parents was awful. Next time I see them will be December - Liam will be turning 1, my baby cousin would have been born, a wedding will be about to happen, my first year of Varsity will be done and this girl will be more than ready to be home again. I don't often get the sad kind of sad, but I am feeling that way this week a little. It's never nice to have to say goodbye for so long, but I'm so grateful for the privilege to be able to study and for the people around me that make it so much easier.
I am so excited for this next term and I can't wait to see where it takes me. I hope you're all having a lovely week so far and here's one last photo of Liam and I just because he is do darn cute...

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post...thanks so much for sharing it with us the reader! I can see and read that your Family is such an important part of your life, like mine is for me...they are basically the wind beneath my wings!! Keep up the great work on your blog, and it is truly inspiring that you are so open and honest with your readers :) Mwah xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Megs :) They are very special to me, they've always been there for me and so I count on them so much. I appreciate your sweet words so much xx

      Delete
  2. Loved reading this, but had to giggle at the "holding up the plane" bit. I have had the same experience before, in the States. I also have to say good bye to my family regularly (I live in East London and they are in Durbs) so I can totally empathize with you on the good bye thing! It's not great, but it does make you so much more grateful and appreciative of the time you spend together, and the special bonds that you share!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.