Blue For Boys

September 14, 2013
It is no secret that I come from a very close and loving family. My family is huge and most of us are lucky enough to all live within 30km's from one another. We love and we love hard. Some of my favorite High School memories are of me standing on stage on one of our performance nights and seeing the first two rows of the theatre filled with my parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents and even a couple of great-grandparents. We absolutely love to get together for family dinners and braai days around our pool. Our family will use any excuse to show our love and support for one another. My family has shown me the true meaning of support. 

Today is one of those days where the Smith-Leahy family get together and show our support for two of our very special family members. I would like to introduce you to my wonderful uncle and aunt, Ashley and Rhonda...
Ash is Clauds' brother and Rhonds is his beautiful fiance. Ash and Rhond are expecting a beautiful baby boy and today is their baby shower that is being thrown by Clauds back home. I wish that I could be there celebrating this little miracle with them today, but they know that my heart is with them both. Baby Smith is due on October 30th, so unfortunately I will only be able to see him and give him cuddles when he is a month old. Being stuck half way across the country really does have its downfalls sometimes!


I am so excited to welcome a little cousin into our family, especially a little boy - boys are just the best (then again, I do have the sweetest 9 month old brother so I could be biased). Rhonda just happens to be one of my best friends, Robyn's cousin, and so the two of us couldn't be more excited for the approaching wedding because we'll finally be real-life cousins (well, sort of)... Baby Smith will be my 4th first cousin - my first from Clauds' side and I can't wait to meet this little guy.

Rhonds and Ash, I hope today is filled with blue Tatty Teddy, love, laughs and tiny baby kicks. I love both of you so much. You have done so much for me over the last few years and I am so grateful to have such an amazing, life-loving aunt and uncle. I know your baby boy is going to be the most beautiful little guy around!

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.