An Unexpected Act of Kindness

September 26, 2013
Want to know what one of my favourite things in this whole world is? One of the things that make me happiest is a simple and random act of kindness. Random acts of kindness are pretty darn good for the soul, I'd say!

I am a person that believes that actions speak louder than words (although I love, love love hearing sweet words). Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than when a friend pops into my room unexpectedly with a steaming vanilla latte and biscuits for me (yes, that was you Em, thank you!) or when I'm slipped a little note saying "hope you're having a lovely day". Walking to and from lectures and getting a little smile from a stranger leaves me in a good mood for hours afterwards. 
 Isn't it great to catch someone off guard and make them feel good? A little while ago I was walking out of a lecture hall and a boy that takes the same class was in front of me. He turned around and handed me a little hand-made paper flower and said "for you ma'am." Ok, so number 1) Ma'am?? and number 2) this boy who has no idea who I am completely surprised me and turned my whole day around.

This weekend coming up is one massive act of random kindness from a special girl friend, Jayde. Jayde approached Emma and I earlier on this week and asked if we wanted to join her on a little roadtrip down to Port Elizabeth and have a bit of a girls weekend. Jayde's brother is playing in a waterpolo tournament there this weekend and so her dad has kindly booked us into a BnB and rented us a car for the weekend so that we can get away for a little while and support her brother at the same time. Now that's what I call a major act of kindness.

This weekend away couldn't have come at a better time. I need to get away from this little town for a bit and just be... I haven't been feeling myself lately and I really miss me. Hopefully this weekend will set me straight.

Never forget how much a small act of kindness can mean to someone. So go ahead, smile at that stranger. You'll make their day, I promise!

What are you getting up to this weekend? Whatever you're doing, I hope you have a beautiful and blessed weekend my friends!
xxx
And to end off with - a selfie of Jayde and I because no matter what anyone else says, selfies are still cool!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well hi there pretty girl! It's SO lovely to get a comment from you here on this bloggy blog of mine xx

      Delete
  2. Well said, we often underestimate how much the very little bits of kindness can bring on big smiles and swelling hearts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.