Wakey! Wakey! Eggs and Bakey!

August 20, 2013
 Just a little bit of admin before I get on to today's post - I love reading every single comment that you post and I want you to know that I do reply to them all. I reply in the comment thread on the actual post itself. So please know that I love hearing from you and I love replying even more. I'd hate to be thought of as that blogger that never replies. Alright, that's all ;) On to the second question for this week - "what is your morning routine?"
Source

I giggled at this question and thought, 'as if a college student has a set morning routine.' Being in varsity, my morning routine always begins at a different time due to the fact that my lectures never start at the same time each day. If my lecture only begins at 9:30am, I am not going to bother with waking up at 6:00am. And why should I? I've got the rest of my life to have responsibilities and be expected to be up at the crack of dawn ;)

Although the times that I get up vary, my morning routine is actually pretty set and I manage to stick to it each day. Once I am up (and have hit the snooze button about 34792 times), I take a couple of minutes to gather my thoughts and think about my day ahead. I would have packed my bag and organised my timetable the night before so that saves me a lot of time. I usually shower (and chat to God while I'm showering - some people sing, I tell Jesus what's going on in my life, it works for me), wash my face and get dressed. I head off to breakfast (I sometimes skip this part as the dining hall ends breakfast at 8am and I have lectures that only start at 10:30am). Once I am done with breakfast I spend 10-15 minutes brushing my teeth and doing my make-up. My make-up routine is nothing too complicated; I just apply BB Cream (my new obsession! It makes life so much easier for everyday use, it is more affordable than my foundation and it provides great coverage and sun protection), some eyeliner, a thin coat of mascara and then some lip balm. I will then log onto Blogger, catch up on my favourite reads, reply to comments, emails and text messages. Lastly, if I have time, I will do a quick Bible reading but this usually takes place at night before I fall asleep. I then make my way to my lectures. I usually have about 3 or 4 lectures in the morning and 1 or 2 after lunch. I often have a free period between each lecture in the morning and I'll spend this hour having coffee with a friend or listening to music while working. I head off to lunch at about 12:30pm and that's my morning routine done and dusted!

2 comments:

  1. Very similar routine to when I was at varsity Shan, and it works so well!
    My routine is: wake up at 7am, wash my face, get SJ out of bed, feed her breakfast and then dress for gym and head out by 7.45am x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're definitely more dedicated than I am Cals - I've been meaning to get to gym for about 7 months now but it just doesn't seem to be happening :( xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.