Fear Has Held Me Back

Hello Monday morning! How utterly delightful of you to creep up on us so quickly. In case some of you are needing a little inspiration for this Monday morning, I thought this quote was rather wonderful!
Sourced from my Pinterest Quotes and Words Board
Today I'm answering the question; "what is something you’ve always wanted to do but are afraid of?" I thought about this for a long time and after being honest with myself, I realized that there isn't a single thing that fear has held me back from doing - at least there isn't one that stands out. But there are a handful of things that I was afraid of doing, but I conquered my fears and did them anyway. Some of these things include;
  • Swimming with sharks. Our family and a few friends went snorkeling at uShaka Marine World a few years back and there were a whole bunch of sharks swimming around us. Of course they had been fed so they weren't hungry at all and it really wasn't dangerous. It was an amazing experience and I was nervous at first but it was tonnes of fun.
  • Get a tattoo. I used to be afraid of the whole permanence factor as well as the pain. I then decided that if I were to get a tattoo, it had be something that would remain meaningful to me for the entirety of my life so that settled the permanence issue. I wasn't sure how I was going to handle the pain but I can honestly say that I did not feel anything more than a tickle when I got mine done!
  • And lastly, starting a blog. Sharing your life, your thoughts, your failures and your accomplishments with the world is a scary thing. But I write for me, and I know that in 10 years or so I will be so glad I've documented my life in this way. I will be able to look back on these posts and see how much I've grown and most importantly, I will be able to remember. Remembering is so good for the soul.
So there you have it - some of the things I was afraid to do, but did them anyway. I'm a firm believer in living in the moment and not letting fear hold you back but I can completely understand that this is often easier said than done. What are some of the things you've always wanted to do but haven't because you're too afraid? Drop me a comment or a quick email and let me know, I love hearing from you!
Have a beautiful week lovelies.
x

5 comments:

  1. So glad you have faced and now conquered your fears Shan! I was also terrified of sharks and then we went free diving with them in the sea, AMAZING experience x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free diving in the sea sounds a whole lot scarier than what I did, haha :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this blog post...I really needed to read something like this!!! Fear has totally been keeping me back, and you have now inspired me to do things that I want to do!!! What tattoo did you get?? I have so many tattoo's and am totally addicted_#GUILTYASCHARGED!!!! Your blog is beautiful and you continue to inspire me everyday :) Much love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I could have been of some inspiration to you :) You can pop over here - http://arrowstheblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/bucket-list-updates.html and here - http://arrowstheblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/life-lately.html to read the story behind my tattoo :) I'd love to hear about yours!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Eeep, I would definitely love to swim with sharks too someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.