Don't go, 2013.

This week I have been answering questions posed by the Sunday Social link up that I take part in. Today's question is; "What are you looking forward to before the end of 2013?"

If I look back at where I was exactly a year ago, I am amazed at how far I have come and how much I have grown. But then again, this year has been a massive year of change for me; I met baby brother Liam for the first time, I started varsity, I made new friends and then lost some of them, I lived 900km's away from home for the first time in my life, I learned how to live on a budget, how to work industrial sized washing machines, how to practise self-preservation and how to stop comparing what I deemed normal to what others consider 'normal' to be. With this year being a season of change and new adventures, how could I not change and grow?
Source
 This time last year, I was in the middle of writing Matric, I was eagerly awaiting my Matric Ball, I was day dreaming about how my life at varsity would be and I had absolutely no idea how much my life would change in the next 365 days. Has it all been good change? No, absolutely not. This year hasn't been anything like I imagined it would be. I have dealt with disappointment and I have met people from all different walks of life who do not share the same values as me and who are very, very different from me.

Source
But with all that being said, I have also had some of the best times of my life this year. I have been able to develop myself as a person, I have made some truly amazing friends, I have realized how precious family is, I have strengthened bonds with people and I have finally managed to let go of those that are only bringing me down. I have learned what it is to miss someone, I have learned to live in the moment and to take responsibility for myself. I have laughed until I could no longer breathe, I have smiled so much that my jaw aches, I have been blessed beyond measure and I have enjoyed some really, really good wine with even better sunsets. And I wouldn't change any of it - the good and the bad - not even for a second. Because every circumstance I have found myself in up until today, August 21st 2013, has made me a stronger, better and more faithful person.
Source
So to answer the question; what am I looking forward to before the end of 2013? I am looking forward to growing even more and learning. I am looking forward to becoming more and more independent as each day passes. I am looking forward to the good times that are still to come, and I am looking forward to the tough, horrible times, because they make it that much easier to enjoy, truly enjoy the good times. And that, my friends, is why I cannot wait to embrace the next 132 days of 2013.
Source

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this blog post. I can’t even begin to explain how awesome this message is and how happy this makes me. And thank you for taking the time to write and share it with your readers and other bloggers :) I have to share this poem with you, please read below:

    You are an Inspiration

    Your presence is a gift to the world, you're unique and one of a kind.

    Your life can be what you want it to be - Take it one day at a time.

    Count your blessings, not your troubles, and you'll make it through what comes along.

    Within you are so many answers, understand, have courage, be strong.

    Don't put limits on yourself, your dreams are waiting to be realized.

    Don't leave your important decisions to chance - Reach for your peak, your goal, and your prize.

    Nothing wastes more energy than worrying, the longer a problem is carried, the heavier it gets.

    Don't take things too seriously - Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets.

    Remember that a little love goes a long way - Remember that a lot goes forever.

    Remember that friendship is a wise investment, life's treasures are people ... together.

    Have health and hope and happiness, take the time to wish on a star.

    And don't ever forget for even a day ... How very special YOU are!

    Author Unknown

    Much love, xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.