Friday's Letters

August 09, 2013
I think the Friday's Letters link up, hosted by Ashley, is my favorite link up. I have always loved writing letters to people. Nothing beats a hand written letter received in the post (which reminds me, those of you who signed up for the Snail Mail Collective, don't forget to check out who you've been partnered with in the next day or two). Although my Friday's Letters posts aren't handwritten, I still love compiling them! Here are this week's letters...

Dear Lovely Readers... Happy Women's Day! I hope you're having a lovely day. We all have certain lovely ladies that mean a great deal to us and inspire us, read who mine is over here.

Dear Cold Front... How very kind of you to visit over my long weekend. I am determined not to let you ruin today's beach trip with the girls.

Dear The Next 2 Weeks... I'm exhausted just thinking about what you entail. Essays, assignments, Tri-Var rugby and normal day-to-day activities in between all the work. I honestly admire those of you who actually take part in real life and run homes and precious families, how do you find the energy?? Praying for strength and energy, Lord!

Dear Grahamstown... I have a love-hate relationship with you, oh little town of mine. I love how student orientated you are, I love the fact that everything is so close together and that anything and everything is only a stroll away. I do not, however, love your frequent water shortages. Last semester you caused St Paddy's Day celebrants to stay green for 4 days afterwards. I thought I could handle you this time, I thought I could handle the eating off polystyrene plates and 3 minute showers. But today our Res ran out of water completely. No flushing toilets. No showers. Not even a dribble to brush my teeth with. Sounds delicious, doesn't it? My 500ml bottle of Nestle Pure Life Mineral Water is officially my most prized possession right now. The 5 degree weather outside makes jumping into the pool for a rinse pretty undesirable.

Dear Dean of Students... Your email stated the water would definitely be back by yesterday morning. It's not. Just saying. All our love, 8000 smelly students. Gosh we're attractive.

Dear Term 3... Where have you gone? Seriously? It literally feels like yesterday that I was on a plane home, and now we're already half way through this term. Three weeks and I'll be back home. I can't believe how quickly time is flying by.

Dear Room-mate... I hope you have a lovely weekend away - I can't wait to be able to play my music out loud, sing along atrociously and dance around our room without fear of scaring you away forever!

I think that is all for this week's letters, link up with Ash and share your letters with the world. I'll leave you with a quote off of my Quotes Board just because quotes are too lovely :)
 xx

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.