Celebrating the Women in My Life

August 09, 2013
Happy Women's Day to all you lovely ladies out there! Today I hope you feel blessed, treasured and loved. I hope you know your worth and I hope you walk in it!

Today I'd like to introduce you to a woman that has been mentioned many times here on Arrows - my beautiful step-mom, Clauds. She is the strongest woman I know. She loves me. She is proud of me. She cherishes me. She laughs with me. She guides me. She sets an example for me. 
Clauds on her wedding day to my Dad years ago.
She is one of my best friends and my parent all in one and I wouldn't be half the woman I was today if it weren't for her. People so often hear stories of wicked step-moms and so I thank God everyday that he blessed our family with a woman like Clauds - the absolute opposite of the stereotypical step-mother. 
She is devoted to our family, she puts up with our family (and just for this she deserves a solid gold medal), she keeps our family running smoothly and one of the things I love most about her is the fact that she makes my Dad so incredibly happy. Clauds has overcome so much in life and she deserves nothing but utter happiness. Clauds, you are such an inspiration to me, happy Women's Day and thank you for turning me into the woman that I am today.


I hope you all have a beautiful day and are enjoying the long weekend.
x

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea how much this touched me - I have been a step mom to Zoe (now 9) for 2 years, but have known her since she was 4 months old. We are incredibly close, share a very special and unique bond and I hope to one day hear her saying similar things about the influence I have had on her life! People underestimate the challenges step moms face, but it is so great to hear that you haven't - and I commend you for recognizing that in her, and most importantly letting her (and the world) know!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for getting in touch, Gaelyn.
      Much like you and Zoe, I have known Clauds all my life but she has only been my step-mom for the last 8 years or so. People really do underestimate the challenges that you step-moms have to face - I honestly don't know how you do it!
      It may not always be easy and Zoe might only realise how much you do for her and how blessed she is to have you in her life when she is much older, but I can promise you that there will come a time where she will have nothing but amazing things to say about you and it will all be worth it!
      Thank you very much for your sweet words.
      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.