Pretty Pastels

July 30, 2013
The other day I s.l.o.w.l.y. climbed out of bed and stood in front of my open wardrobe looking for something to wear. As I was piling on the layers of shirts, jerseys and scarves in preparation for the Wintery day ahead, I realized that all my Winter clothes are either in dark shades of navy or black and in neutral shades of cream, white and grey (except for one really colourful knitted jersey that Clauds hates, but it turns out she thought Gogs had knitted it for me so she didn't say anything until she saw the Mr Price tag).

Unlike my Winter clothes, my Summer clothes come in all sorts of bright and fun colours. I know I am not the only one that dresses like this - Summer is fun and Winter is so often drap and cold and just mizz and I (I'm sure others do too) colour co-ordinate my outfits according to the season. While I adore my creams, whites and greys, I'm a sucker for colour and so desperatly wanted to bring a little more colour into my Winter wardrobe.

I was on Pinterest looking for ways to brighten up my Winter outfits while still keeping those Wintery vibes and I came across some of the most beautiful pastels. I adore pastels - I think they're so delicate and feminine and are the perfect way to bring a little understated pop of colour into a Winter outfit. So I thought I'd share some of the Pastel inspired pictures with you and turn this into a little Pinspiration post seeing as I haven't done one for a while.

As always, these pictures have been sourced from my various Pinterest boards.




1 comment:

  1. LOVE all the pastels - so much so that my Winter wardrobe is almost all colour now! I'm not a black and brown fan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.