FroYo and Berries

July 23, 2013
I love frozen yoghurt and anything berry and so when I saw this recipe I was desperate to try it. 
I sourced this recipe from Leite's Culinaria
Personally, I would adapt this recipe by freezing it in little cups as opposed to making it in Popsicle form as not everyone has Popsicle molds. I love how easy this recipe is to make and adapt - you could choose any berries you want as well as add other delicious bits and bobs.
If you get 'round to making these delicious morsels, please drop me a comment to let me know how they turned out and whether or not you'd make them again - I'd love to hear from you!
 Ingredients:
1/2 cup of cold water
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 large lemon
1.5 cups of plain Greek yoghurt
2 Tbs honey
2 cups of fresh or frozen berries

Method:
  • Combine the water and sugar in a small sauce pan and cook over a medium heat until the sugar has melted. Remove from the heat.
  • Add the zest of your lemon to the sauce pan of sugar and water. Return to the heat and simmer on a medium heat for 5 minutes until a syrup is formed.
  • Allow the syrup to cool to a room temperature before straining and then refrigeration for an hour.
  • Add the yoghurt and honey to the chilled syrup and stir until completely combined.
  • Place some of the mixture into molds or a dish and freeze for 40 minutes or until the mixture is beginning to set.
  • Add the berries to the semi-set yoghurt and then cover with the remaining yoghurt. You do this so the berries are evenly distributed in the yoghurt and don't sink to the bottom.
  • Freeze for 3-4 hours or until completely frozen.

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.