Life Lately

June 28, 2013
Things around here have been crazy to say the least! I have barely had time to sit down and have a cup of coffee, let alone post something of substance here. I am finally free to sit down, sip on a cup or two of coffee and catch up with this little space of mine that I love so much.

It all started on Tuesday (the 18th of June). This was my last official day of Term. I wrote my Psychology exam and I then went with Emma to go and get my Dad's Father's Day present. I was SO excited for this present, and even more nervous! I will be writing another post later on about this present, so stay tuned to find out exactly what it was and whether or not he loved it.

On the Wednesday, I flew home and spent the next couple of days catching up with Clauds, my dad and little Liam. It was so lovely to be home and just be...

I was planning on going to watch my 14 year old brother, Nic, play a rugby match at the Hilton/MHS. The Hilton/MHS is a pretty big deal in school boy rugby as well as in my family. Both my dad and Nic are (and were) avid rugby players and my dad used to go to Hilton (where my brother is now at school). Many of my friends from high school have brothers that play in this festival as well and so I was looking forward to seeing them for the first time in 6 months.

My best friend, Sarah, then texted me to ask if she could spend a few days with me after the rugby. Of course I said yes!

I caught up with Robyn, Jess, Em and Sarah while watching the matches. Sarah and I then drove home in her car and spent the 2 hour trip listening to music and catching up on each others' lives - Sarah is studying Medicine in Pretoria. That night my friend Dillyn came over to see me. The three of us had a hilarious evening that consisted of wine, Monopoly and laughs.







On Monday I went home with Sarah for a few days. We watched movies, ate brownies, cooked dinners, played games and just enjoyed being with each other. On Wednesday night we picked up our friend, Kate, and drove to our old high school to watch the production of the year; Trojan Women. We chatted to some of our former teachers and matrons. We also saw another one of my best friends, Kozi. It was so lovely to catch up with my old Drama teacher and witness another one of her master pieces!

After watching the play, we went to the Mall for dinner and met up with Sarah's parents and some of their friends. We then decided to go to the fun fair and ride the kiddies rides as they were the only ones open at that time of night. Afterwards, we went out and got some ice cream.











Spending the last week with some very special friends was much needed and I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm feeling so much happier and content and I'm so blessed to have these people in my life. I am now back home, laughing with my  brothers and just enjoying life.

I hope you all had a lovely week - I've missed you and it's so good to be back!

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.