Liam Turns 3

December 03, 2015

Dear William Patrick Guy Leahy

A couple of days ago you turned three! Although when people ask you how old you are, you tell them four or five, simply because when it was Dad's birthday back in September, you decided it was yours as well. That's ok, we don't mind - anyone as cute as you is allowed to have two birthdays a year if that's what they want.

Baby brother, you are so loved and so celebrated. After years of infertility struggles, prayer, heartache and faith, you came into this world. What an entrance you made! You arrived 9 weeks early on the 1st of December 2012 - you were only scheduled to make your appearance on the 31st of January. You weighed a tiny 1.1kg's and you spent the first 6 weeks of your life in the NICU. As Clauds said yesterday, you're living proof that it's not how you start your life, but how you live it that really matters. You're such a little fighter and we're so blessed to have you in our lives.



11 days old
It's a privilege to be your big sister. Not everyone understands our unique family situation - after all, there's 19 years between us. But I wouldn't change things for all the tea in China. You've taught me so much about loving and laughing and I couldn't be prouder to be your "Nance".

You drag me around, saying "'ollow me, Nanths", you let me read stories to you and you think my jokes are funny. You're a typical little boy, but somehow you know just when I need a snuggle and in that moment, with your little arms around my neck and your curls in my face, everything is right in the world.

Happy 3rd birthday baby boy, you deserve all the cake and episodes of Bubble Guppies in the world.

All my love,
Nanny.

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.