On Welcoming November

November 01, 2015
I'm all kinds of excited over the fact that we're here - November the 1st. It's the very beginning of the second to last month of the year and from here on out things are getting very, very exciting for me! I love all sorts of things about November - the weather, my brother Nic's birthday, the Christmas preparations, the wrapping up of the academic year and even just the way it sounds puts a smile on my face.



I'm grateful that I got to start my month like this - early, very early, with a hot cup of coffee overlooking one of the many fields and hearing the birds chirp good morning to the cows. The last few days on the farm have been just what I've needed. My parents have been away for a few days and so it's just been the dogs and myself. I've gotten some much needed studying done and I've had time to reflect on what this months holds.

This November is going to be very busy for me - lots of things to look forward to, and then just like everything in life, there are a couple of things that November is going to bring that I'm not looking forward to. Here are this month's goals...

Arrive back in Grahamstown safely.
Continue eating well and taking care of my body.
Study hard for my upcoming exams.
Write each exam paper calmly.
Hand in a statistics take home exam.
Continue turning to Him daily and being aware of my constant need for His Grace.
Spring clean my apartment and donate items to charity where possible.
Pack up the apartment and be ready and waiting for Dad to get to Grahamstown to help me move out.
Complete my out-going inspection with Remax and hand over my keys.
Enjoy one last dinner in Grahamstown with Dad and Emma.
Take a photo in front of the clock tower just like I did on my first day.
Arrive back to KZN safely, with all my belongings in tow.
Spend my first night in Bramble Cottage - YAY!
Celebrate Nic's 17th birthday.

Clearly November is the month of endings, and a month that will prepare me for new beginnings which will all be happening in December. Still trying to wrap my head around how I'll be done with University this month. Is this really my last month in my first little home that I've come to love so much? As I mentioned, here are a few things that I'm not looking too forward to this month...

Knowing that every time we do something with our friends over the next three weeks, such as movie nights or a pre-drinks or a relaxed braai, it'll be the last time.
Saying goodbye to the people that have become my family over the last three years. Gah, I don't want to do this one. Please don't make me?
Driving back to KZN. Usually I look forward to this one. But not so much this time - I'll be in the car on my own with my thoughts of driving out of Grahamstown for the last time. I'll probably be sobbing my eyes out with my pots and pans and bathroom mats just judging me silently from the boxes on my backseat.

Today I've got some more learning to do as well as some packing for the trip back to Grahamstown early tomorrow morning. I don't know why, but I can feel a little homesickness for the farm creeping in. I don't know why, I mean it's ridiculous because in three weeks I'll be back here permanently. Well, back in KZN.

I know that whatever this month will bring, He will be there and really, that's all I ever need. I'm so grateful for the good times to come, as well as the not so good times. I'm grateful for the memories that will be made in each of these moments and the lessons they will bring as well. Let's do this, November!

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting time ahead - so many lasts which also means so many firsts too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.